Solid_Edge_Drafting_Updating_Problem

Builder
Builder

Hello@guys

In NX i dont face this problem never, but in solid edge i am facing this problem every time  ,

i have a query in solid edge , when i update model , every time after update in drafting module i have to update drafting file , but i dont wanna update dimension every time looks like in image, can some body help for this.

Drafting_Dimension_Updating_Every time.JPG

Warm Regards
Thomas Roman
Machine Designer
6 REPLIES

Re: Solid_Edge_Drafting_Updating_Problem

Phenom
Phenom

@Thomas_Roman you can just ignore the "Reattached to available geometry" lines and clear them. That'll only take a second to do - don't worry about re-making them etc.

For some reason it lost the particular vertex or line that the dimension was attached to, but found a different one in exactly the same place so 99% of the time it's fine and just ignore it. If there's lines about the dimension losing it's connection  (I can't remember the exact wording), they will dissappear if you clear them so be more careful with them.

Also FYI, you can multi select and clear selected lines in that window.

Builder
Builder

Hello@Alex_H

every time i have to clear dim updation on by one , i am tired from this, if there is any option to deactivate or turn off this updation in setting , please tell me . thanks

Warm Regards
Thomas Roman
Machine Designer

Phenom
Phenom

@Thomas_Roman I don't know of a setting to turn it off, but do you know you can click 'clear all' in that window to immediatly accept all changes, or use shift-select to pick several at once and click 'clear selected' to accept only those?

It should only take you a couple of seconds to do, and the information is useful for flagging up changes due to the geometry being changed.

Phenom
Phenom

@Thomas_Roman actually if you go into the options tab of the drawing view tracker I think you can turn it off, however I wouldn't advise it IMHO.

Phenom
Phenom

Yes I fully agree, tracking dimensional changes is one of the best enhancements in solid edge. For a time when I was using Inventor I tried explaining on the autodesk forum why this feature should have been on Inventor. I have no idea why the users on that forum didn't understand why it should be.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@nominus38, I agree. After using SE and switching to SW (more than once) I always missed the tracker. SW would color the changed dims but they were easily missed.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200