Solid Edge Frames - No cut length available in reports

Hi All,

We have been draughting up some structural steel frames for a job we are currently doing, and I thought we could extract the cut length from the report to make it easy for our shop to quote and order. But it appears that we can not do this.

I raised it with my VAR, who promptly checked it out (Thanks Alan) and sent a request off to GTAC. They have come back with this is an enhancement request to the software with a priority level of medium.

So if you would like the cut length to be reported in a spreadsheet, not just the BOM in the draft environment then this is the ER for you...

ER7554140

Thanks 

Shane

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6
5 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Frames - No cut length available in reports

I think a workaround may be to cut and paste a cut list BOM into Excel.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

Hi Bruce

It is the same conclusion that we come to after looking at the options and without through examination seems to work OK. So at least we are not alone in using this workaround to cope with this oversight.

My biggest concern that if we have some of our junior office members do this, they may miss something in the BOM, which could have a significant implications with regards to quoted costs...

Shane

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6

My biggest concern that if we have some of our junior office members do this, they may miss something in the BOM, which could have a significant implications with regards to quoted costs...

Shane

Wouldn't the same be true with reports?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

We faced the same problem some years ago and we had to write a little program to do this for the customer because he transferred the data from the assembly directly to the ERP  via automatic workflow.

Reports within the assembly environment will not show the length of a beam. Only the BOM in the Draft will.

It is a pitty that this problem still exists.

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Hi Bruce,

Possibly is, though at this point the guy is fully versed in creating reports to put into the PDM system. The workaround, while it does work, adds extra steps. More steps equals more chances to stuff it up, and unfortunately you don't have the cross check...

Shane

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6