Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Solid Edge GTAC saves the day again!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello,

I just wanted to send a public THANK YOU! to the GTAC team.  Friday afternoon, I was working on one of three alternate position assemblies for our line of machines.  I experienced an issue where when I dragged a #6 washer into the assembly, it would not show on screen.  Then I noticed that the pull down box for chossing and alternate assembly configuration was grayed out and non-selectable.  I then opened another alternate position assembly and found the same problems.

I called GTAC and spoke with Jeff Anderson.  He asked me to send the .asm files to him and he would have GTAC review them.  He said it might be Monday before the files could be repaired which was fine with me.  Well,  about 30 minutes later, he called back and the repaired files were in my in box.  Wow!

The files now work again!  I can't say enough about how good the GTAC team is.  They have helped me numerous times over the years.  

Thank you again!

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
12 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge GTAC saves the day again!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Awesome alright @kjoiner,....thanks for sharing.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP4] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

@kjoiner  I would also agree that GTAC is awesome!  Being able to talk to somebody right off the bat with no wait time and who is knowledgeable about the software just can't be beat.  After dealing with multiple other companies support, I can honestly say that GTAC hands down is the best because:

• No wait time
  • Knows the software
  • Willing to put the work in to test and verify the issue
  • Get back to you quickly with a workaround or a fix
  • Down right friendly

I dread using other companies support systems as GTAC has set the bar very high!

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

Jeff is always a great help. And Wayne, if they could only clone Wayne and distribute a copy of him with every installation of Solid Edge we'd be totally set.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

Couldn't agree more.  Everyone that I've talked to at GTAC has been great.  These guys have the patience of saints which is invaluable in their line of work.  I don't take the time to IR every glitch I run into so unfortunatly by the time something irritates me enough to enter an IR or call I'm not in the best mood.  Yet everytime they have to deal with me they prove to be paregorick and helpful.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.

Wow! "paregorick". Word of the day. Anyway, yeah, everyone in GTAC is great.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

I didn't know we could make up our own words for this. That's really a cromulent thing to do, yo.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

@nominus38

More brought back than made up. I wanted more of the Greek meaning of the word than the modern English paregoric that refers to opioids. Didn’t want to hijack the thread with a discussion of the dangers of GTAC dependency and associated side effects... Smiley Surprised

BTW, I had to look up cromulent...

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.

Phenom
Phenom

@bnemec

Cromulent may not currently appear in any official dictionary, but adding them in would most certainly embiggen them, both Merriam-Webster and Urban.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

@bshand wrote:

Wow! "paregorick". Word of the day. Anyway, yeah, everyone in GTAC is great.

A camphorated tincture of opium, taken internally for the relief of diarrhea and intestinal pain.