Solid Edge General Information on Ordered/Synchronous Boundaries

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone!

I have a quick question as to what you can and cannot do in ordered as oppose to synchronous.

I was asked if it was possible for smart dimension to edit the length of a extruded sketch in ordered. I know it is possible in synchronous but I can't seem to figure out how to get it done in ordered. I believe it may just need to be taken back to sketch but I am not sure! Please anyone specify!

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge General Information on Ordered/Synchronous Boundaries

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Peter,

isn't it just to double-click the 'Protrusion'?

Good luck /Ulf2017-03-14 18_07_08-Solid Edge ST9 - Ordered Part - [Part1].png

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Petermarcellas Synchronous uses PMI dimensions applied directly to the solid to make dimension driven changes.  In ordered, dimension driven changes are either accomplished by dimensions applied to sketches/profiles or those dimensions that appear on features such as your extrude depth when using the finite option during the "Edit Definition" or the "Dynamic Edit" mode of the selected feature.  (Note:  Dynamic Edit can be used to change the profile/feature diemensions of multiple selected features).

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Phenom
Phenom

In ordered, you drive the sketch dimensions used to create the part.

I do this all the time in sheet metal sketchs line from planes. Iincludes w/ maintain relation, or if editing after the fact I use coliniar between the line and plane. In that way, I can drive multiple pieces of sheet metal from a singel input. I create the assembly first, then create the sheet metal inside the assembly. IE "Assembly driven sheet metal"

You can also manually edit the dimension, or edit the variable in the variable tables. You can even link from a spreadsheet and drive it from there.

Let's say the dimension in question is a flange. Then you will need to work with or replace the dimensions created by the flange command in the flange sketch.