Solid Edge – Get the most out of your trial

[ Edited ]

Thank you for considering Solid Edge® software and downloading a 45-day trial version. Included in this version is award-winning synchronous technology from Siemens PLM Software that has proven successful in helping companies such as yours accelerate design, get faster revisions, and reuse imported data better.

Once you register for your 45-day trial, download links will be presented on the registration page along with an activation code. Note the download link and activation will also be emailed to you.  

Installing Solid Edge

Solid Edge can be downloaded during the registration process or later by accessing a link provided in a follow up emailer. Once Solid Edge has been downloaded, follow these steps to install the product.

1. Download Solid Edge to any convenient location on your computer and make sure the file is saved with a .EXE extension. It’s best to not attempt to install over the internet.
  2. After the download, the installation process may automatically start depending on your browser settings. If the process does not start, double-click the .EXE file (the default filename will be SolidEdgeVxxx[LANGUAGE]_32Bit.exe). After the installation process begins, you will be presented with a setup screen. This step make take several minutes.
  3. In the setup screen, choose the first option (Solid Edge), and follow the prompts in the setup wizard.

Activating Solid Edge

An activation code will be needed to run Solid Edge. Your personal activation code is presented on the download web page during the download step and also emailed to you separately. To activate your copy of Solid Edge use your activation code:

To install the code, first install Solid Edge, then start the product. A license warning dialog will display. Dismiss it and a second "Solid Edge License Utility" dialog will display. Within that dialog choose the option "I have an activation code." An "activation code" field will display, just enter your personal activation code, use copy and paste to ensure it is entered correctly. You must also designate a machine name, enter any appropriate name. Once this information is entered, click OK and you may begin running Solid Edge.

21 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge – Get the most out of your trial

[ Edited ]

I am trying to install the trial on a non-networked PC.  When I follow these instuctions I get an error that the License Utility can not connect to the internet.

Is it possible to install the tiral software on a non-networked PC, and if so what is the process?

Thank you,

I'll get an answer for you on that.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Watched a couple of SolidEdge tutorials on youtube and thought hey I wanna give it a try, so I grabbed the free trial and installed.  All seemed to be good until this happened, theres nothing in the window.  

Ive tried reinstalling and got the latest maintaince pack, also did a microsoft windows update.  

any help much appreciated

[ Edited ]

RobE wrote:

Watched a couple of SolidEdge tutorials on youtube and thought hey I wanna give it a try, so I grabbed the free trial and installed.  All seemed to be good until this happened, theres nothing in the window.  

Ive tried reinstalling and got the latest maintaince pack, also did a microsoft windows update.  

any help much appreciated

Hi Rob,

Looks to me to be a graphics adaptor &/or driver related issue.....can you give some specs on your machine?

There are some custom settings in Solid Edge to reduce the burdon on conservative spec'ed hardware.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thanx for your quick reply Sean, It's started working now, I'm not sure what I did but Im happy touch wood. Smiley Happy)

@RobE Welcome to the Solid Edge family. As I'm sure you'll see there are lots of folks in here to help you. A couple questions:

1. Have you used 3D CAD before? What?

2. How did you come to find SE? What got you to the YouTube videos in the first place?

DS

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Hello. I am currently trying out the 45day trial. I have a question though, the parts I have drawn so far, will they become accessible when I purchase a subscription? 

Another small issue I haevnt been able to figure out is I drew a flat part in sheet metal, then I gave it depth with the tab command. After that I found an error and corrected it, had to bring the corrected area back into plae with the rest of the part. Now I need to fillet a corner and it will not allow me to. im stumped.

Joey

offroadr1 wrote:

Hello. I am currently trying out the 45day trial. I have a question though, the parts I have drawn so far, will they become accessible when I purchase a subscription? 

Another small issue I haevnt been able to figure out is I drew a flat part in sheet metal, then I gave it depth with the tab command. After that I found an error and corrected it, had to bring the corrected area back into plae with the rest of the part. Now I need to fillet a corner and it will not allow me to. im stumped.

Joey

Hi Joey,

No, your all good, the parts created in the trial version are the same as those created in the commercial version.

Can I suggest starting a new post for your sheet metal part, and possibly an image, or better still, the file itself.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

OK i will spend some time putting that together tomorrow.