Solid Edge Insight: Can't save a Part in the Network Location

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

I have a SharePoint site. From there I create a few Subsite and also the Document Library for the subsite.

Then, from my computer I create a Network location for my Document Library.

I have an issue where I can't save a Solid Edge file inside the network location i create. Other file like microsoft excel or word can straight away save as inside the network location. But Solid Edge file will come out this error

For the PreReleased Document Library I can save as inside the Network Location that I create. That why I don't understand. 

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Insight: Can't save a Part in the Network Location

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Don't quite grasp your setup but your save location looks foreign to me. Here's what our save to library path looks like:

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When you created the new document library, did you use the Solid Edge Insight Document Library template?  You will also need to add this location to the SEARCHSCOPE.TXT file.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder
Hi @Grundey , thanks..I just realized that I create using normal document library, i should use Solid Edge Insight Document Library.

BTW, i want to ask, for assembly file, I need to add all parts to the SharePoint site by using "Add to Library" function in the View and Markup is it? If by draging the file seems like got issue when opening.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Drag and Drop and Cut/Copy and Paste should never be used when adding/moving files in Insight.  When adding new stuff in bulk, use the Add To Library.  When renaming/moving, use Revision Manager/Design Manager.  If you open your assembly and then Save As to a Insight Managed document library, SE will make sure all the linked parts are also saved in but they will be added based on the FolderMap.txt file.  If it has no entries you should be prompted to add entries.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1