Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge Library Manager

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good morning, I'am beginner user of SE ST9 Classic. I have not found the answer in the Formum or by Google. I run SE-Library.dat file by macro SE-Library.exe from quick access menu. I placed all necessary files and catalogues in:

C:\Siemens\Solid Edge ST9\Custom\SELibrary
Where I keep *.dat files that I open with Solid Edge Library Manager.
and
C:\Siemens\Solid Edge ST9\Custom\SELibrary\Parts
Where I keep catalogues with part files.

The problem is that I cannot open my new library (dat file).

SE-Library_OBRUSN_MAYTEC_SELIBR_v2.dat

The default library at the start is SE-Library.dat.
What I do wrong or how to register this new *.dat file?

Can I place more 'buttons' on the quick access bar so that every library opens separately with different default *.dat
file? For ex.: first button for TUBES, another for WASHERS, etc.?

Thank you for any help.

Adam.

02.JPG

01.JPG

9 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Library Manager

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There is source code for that macro available under the "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge STXX\Custom\SELibrary" folder.

By default, it looks for the "SE-Library.dat" file, but you can always use the "File > Open" menu command to open another .dat file.

If you want to open your dat file by default, then you should probably change the code to use your dat file by default and/or create multiple executables, which open different dat files by default!

Experimenter
Experimenter

The idea with multiple executables seems possible. However, I've not give it a try. I think it is easy and practicable to open *.dat files directly from Library Manager. It works fine and fast enough. You open a default library (with SE-Library.exe) and then you can open other *.dat file using File>Open>*.dat file. The problem is that I have 3 different *.dat files that work fine and open but one file seems to have some issue. I compared working and non-working *.dat file and everything looks okay. When I try to open it, the Library Manager says that path is wrong whilst it is okay:

This is my new file.

* Begin a new part definition_1
NEW_PART
PART_TYPE=1_PG16mm_P
PART_CLASS=16x40 1F LP
PART_DRAWING=Parts\MayTec_profile_zlacza\1_3D_Prof\16\1_16_Fsl_Pl_L\Profile_16x40_1F_LP.dft
PART_TEMPLATE=Parts\MayTec_profile_zlacza\1_3D_Prof\16\1_16_Fsl_Pl_L\Profile_16x40_1F_LP.par

This is the path in the *.ini file:

The path on "C" drive corresponds to the above (in the *.ini and in the *dat files).
Why it says it cannot find my parts in the dialog box below? They are there!
C:\Siemens\Solid Edge ST9\Custom\SELibrary\Parts\MayTec _profile_zlacza\1_3D_Prof\16\1_16_Fsl_Pl_L\Profile_16x40_1F_LP.dft

01.JPG

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Adam_M

for me it looks like as You have the inital path twice 

The part o fthe path "...Parts\MayTec _profile_zlacza..." appears two times in Your error message.

So the corresponding DFT file can not be found.

Take a further look onto that.

Adam_M schrieb:

The idea with multiple executables seems possible. However, I've not give it a try. I think it is easy and practicable to open *.dat files directly from Library Manager. It works fine and fast enough. You open a default library (with SE-Library.exe) and then you can open other *.dat file using File>Open>*.dat file. The problem is that I have 3 different *.dat files that work fine and open but one file seems to have some issue. I compared working and non-working *.dat file and everything looks okay. When I try to open it, the Library Manager says that path is wrong whilst it is okay:

This is my new file.

* Begin a new part definition_1
NEW_PART
PART_TYPE=1_PG16mm_P
PART_CLASS=16x40 1F LP
PART_DRAWING=Parts\MayTec_profile_zlacza\1_3D_Prof\16\1_16_Fsl_Pl_L\Profile_16x40_1F_LP.dft
PART_TEMPLATE=Parts\MayTec_profile_zlacza\1_3D_Prof\16\1_16_Fsl_Pl_L\Profile_16x40_1F_LP.par

This is the path in the *.ini file:

The path on "C" drive corresponds to the above (in the *.ini and in the *dat files).
Why it says it cannot find my parts in the dialog box below? They are there!
C:\Siemens\Solid Edge ST9\Custom\SELibrary\Parts\MayTec _profile_zlacza\1_3D_Prof\16\1_16_Fsl_Pl_L\Profile_16x40_1F_LP.dft

01.JPG

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Phenom

I can see some duplicated sub path in the error message. Is this okay or wrong?

It seems that the macro is looking in the wrong folder. Please check again the .dat file.

SELibrary.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

I made corrections but still the same.

I really have no idea what I do wrong.

01.JPG

Solution Partner Phenom

Is there any non-ASCII character in that file name?

I can't see it, but there might be a special character in it, which was not correctly stored in the dat file, as the dat file is typically encoded with ASCII character set.

You may try to save the dat file with a different character encoding and eventually need to change the source code to open the dat file as, let's say Unicode text file in UTF-8 encoding.

As a first test, make sure that there is no special character in your file name. Try to copy&paste the name from Windows Explorer to the dat file.

Experimenter
Experimenter

No, there were no special characters in the file names.
The*.dat file is ANSI. I saved it as Unicode and UTF-8 but still nothing.
Maybe something is wrong with the entire set of files I orginally received from the producer.
These are aluminium profiles delivered by MayTec. I can send you entire *.zip file if you like to look into this.
For you it may be time consuming though. I use other libraries driven by *.dat files and it works fine.

Solution Partner Phenom

If you want, you can send me the entire ZIP and I can debug the macro to check, why it cannot find the file.

I am actually still recovering from a surgery and am at home having some time, but I will start working again next week.

(m.bernhard _AT_ cadflow.pt)

Experimenter
Experimenter

OK, I am sending it...
Wish you recover soon.