Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge License type for Management Reviewers and Checkers

Builder
Builder

Edgers

Can any one suggest the most appropriate license type for Non solid edge authors of data.  Mostly rolls like Management reviews, Design/Construction reviews and Checkers of solid edge data.

I know desgin and drafting is free but it does not open commercial 3d solid edge native data I think just 2d?  I know we have xpressreview which is free but only opens 3D native SE data.  We need to be able to open very large data sets (60k-100K part assemblies) and find xpressreview slow and clunky.  

Other than JT2Go 11.4 is there any other methods (licensed or not) that folks with the rolls mentioned above can review solid edge data easily, quickly(without sys wait times)  and efficiently?  Or are most in the asset design space converting their SE data to other formats like NWD to acheive this??

Just interested in how you guys are tackling this?

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
2 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge License type for Management Reviewers and Checkers

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Use the Solid Edge Viewer with ST10 -- it is full Solid Edge with reduced functionality.  

Re: Solid Edge License type for Management Reviewers and Checkers

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

since ST10 they changed the name and functionality of 2D drafting. The new name is Solid Edge Viewer. View and Markup has became obsolete. After SolidEdge installation use Solid Edge License Utility and select Viewer Mode. You will be able to open 2D/3D SE documents.

SE licencing.JPG

SE ST10 MP9
Win10 1803 17134.228