Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge Performance Testv1.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@rbhaskin last update provided by @RDH was that Microsoft had stated January 23rd for the potential fix.  

Legend
Legend

@uk_dave

Can you give me a link where Microsoft stated to come with the fix?

Sander
The Netherlands

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Sander-NL I do not have a link to Microsoft for this. Here is a link to the forum post where the developer actually working this issue for Solid Edge made the statement regarding the January 23rd date:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/ST9-Dialog-windows-slow-down/m-p/45...

If you read the entire thread linked above you will then have a fuller and deeper understanding of this Microsoft issue.

Legend
Legend

@uk_daveThank you.

We have problems with ST8 and Windows 10 with things becoming really slow.

I was the first one few months ago to move to Windows 10 so i have built: 1703 but all my colleagues where upgraded in december and directly with built: 1709.

I hope that the problem will be fixed with the windows update.

Sander
The Netherlands

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

And be aware that the security patch for the Meltdow/Spectre vulnerabilites may also further slow down SE no matter what the OS.  Also be aware that the PC hardware vendors may also have additional patches for these vulnerabilities in the way of BIOS updates.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

V1.2 isn't the same as V1.0 and should not be used to compare versions of Solid Edge in that way.  By that I mean the graphics numbers will not match because additional code was added to stress faster graphics cards.  So you should not expect the numbers from V1.0 to match V1.2.  You should only compare V1.2 against V1.2.