Solid Edge Programming

Since we don't have a public programming area yet, I'm sharing this here. If you are wanting to learn how to automate Solid Edge programmatically, we have an open source project on CodePlex where you can find pre built samples.

Samples for Solid Edge (CodePlex)

Samples for Solid Edge - Getting started (YouTube)

I will also be speaking at the Solid Edge University 2013 conference during the developer day. Hope to see you all there!

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net
11 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Programming

This sounds interesting!  Looking forward to hearing you at SEU.

Justin

Many Thanks Jason! The YouTube videos you have done for things like this and your PowerToys are always very helpful!!!
Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

The exmaples Jason has on Codeplex are really pretty good.  I've been playing with the the last fewweekends.

Anyone got any ideas how to encourage more people to put code out there for the Solid Edge community?  It would really be nice to see more of this.

Mark

I've got stuff I could share but none of it is .NET.  If someone wants to convert it and include it, they can.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Ken, thanks for the offer. Anything I can get my hands on helps. It doesn't matter what language the examples are written in. Forturnately I'm bilingual in terms of programming languages so I can work with anything. I've been telling people in the private forums that they can send zipped examples to admin at jasonnewell.net. We've also said to be sure that anything you share you have permission to share. Also know that examples you send me will not be reposted as-is. They will be used for reference only in creating new samples that get posted on CodePlex.

Thanks!

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Hi, new to the world of programming for Solid Edge, now working on ST7

Having trouble running the samples with visual studio.

I just want to run the basic startsolidedge sample, how would I proceed in doing this?

From that I could assing it to a button and so on.

Thank

ST9
Conveyor and industrial equipment designer.
Giving SE a chance.

Hi Pedneault75, Welcome to the Solid Edge forum.

If you are new to Solid Edge programming, I'd suggest to take the absolute beginners' tutorials from this blog site: www.SurfAndCode.in Scroll down to the SE programming tutorials section, assuming you know your VB.Net or CSharp well.

A direct link to the first tutorial using VB.Net is here.

A direct link to the first tutorial using CSharp is here.

Also you can take these tutorials using C++/CLI or C++ with MFC from the links on these pages.

The links to the CodePlex samples in the very first post of this thread would be immensely helpful as you progress. So you may want to bookmark all links.

Do not hesitate to post any of your Solid Edge programming queries on this dedicated forum.

Best Wishes.

~Tushar Suradkar

Solid Edge Users Facebook Group

Great!This is exactly what I was looking for thanks!!

ST9
Giving SE a chance.

[ Edited ]

Samples for Solid Edge - Getting started (YouTube)
video not available anymore..Is there a way to see it ?HAs it been moved?

ST9
Giving SE a chance.