Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST10 (Free 2D) crashes when opening older files.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I have a similar problem to previous posters. I've recently installed Solid Edge ST10 (Free 2D) on my Windws 10 system. I am not able to open my older files created with ST5 (and older versions) anymore.

ST10 crashes after a few seconds (showing same error as others have posted) when I try to open these files. I note that some posters to this forum have solved this issue after downloading/installing an update. Can anyone point me to where I can access tbis update?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide,

Wayne

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST10 (Free 2D) crashes when opening older files.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Arroend please check your PMs.

On another note, we are aware of these crash issues with the Student Edition and are actively working to repackage the Student Edition with MP3 once released so this will no longer be an issue going forward.  

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you, uk_dave! I'll install the update and report my results.

Very much appreciated,

Wayne

uk_dave wrote:

@Arroend please check your PMs.

On another note, we are aware of these crash issues with the Student Edition and are actively working to repackage the Student Edition with MP3 once released so this will no longer be an issue going forward.  

Experimenter
Experimenter

Just a brief update to say that Solid Edge ST10 (Free 2D) now working wonderfully due to assistance from @uk_dave. Can now open any and all draft files created with previous versions. What a relief!

Thanks again,

Wayne