Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge ST10 - Maintenance Pack 1 Announcement

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@xeniaturon installing the official released version of ST10 should then allow the maintenance pack to install w/o any issue.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Thanks @KennyG! Good suggestion, but I don't understand why Win10 steps back...

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Experimenter
Experimenter

Morning Dave,

Whilst installinge the MP1 for SE 10 on a WIN10 PC, I get the message that the signature is invalid.

It concerns an official release from the Siemens website where I need the webkey.

Any tips on how to avoid this?

Thanks,

Paul

Siemens Phenom

Paul,

Good morning!

To be honest, I am not clear what you are reporting here.

Perhaps you can post a screenshot here of the issue or contact your local support and provide further details.

Sorry!

Regards,

-Dave 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't be sorry, let me try again...

A screenshot wouldn't be all too usefull since it is in dutch, so I have to translate anyway...

I'm trying to install MP1 on a WIN 10 workstation, where ST10 is (ofcourse) already installed on, w/o any problems.

Executing the MSI as an admin I get the message about some signature being invalid even before the installation begins and the only thing I can do is click OK. Nothing further happens, it aborts the install.

Regards,

Paul

Siemens Phenom

How do you know that I cannot read Dutch ;-)

But seriously, based on the description it sounds like you have a corrupted MSI install file.  Try downloading the MP file again and clear the content of your %TEMP% folder before attempting to install the fresh download.

Experimenter
Experimenter

OK, you got me there. I was assuming and therefor stand corrected :-)

Sounds solid what you are saying, but I have already installed the same MSI on several WIN7 workstations with no problems at all.

Which does not mean I won't try your tip!

Thanks,

Paul

Siemens Phenom

Did you copy the MSI file from the network to each individual workstation?  If so, then the local copy could be corrupted.

Or are you running the same MSI file from the network on all workstations?  If running the MSI from the network, the content has to be uncompressed to the local workstation.  Perhaps for this one system that uncompression became corrupted. 

Either way, if you know your MSI file is good based on using it on other systems, clear the content of %TEMP% and try again.  Failing that clear %TEMP% again and temporarily disable anti-virus before installing.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Well then...

turning off the virus scanner got the job done.

Thanks for your help, Dave!

Greetz,

Paul

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I'm ST9 user, moving on to ST10. Unfortunately when I tried to install SESP standalone it does not work anymore. I said that I have to uninstall ST10 before install Standalone Sharepoint. Is there any fix for that? I'm trying to get everything back to working condition asap and I appreciate any help I can get

Thank you,

Dat