Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge ST10 - Maintenance Pack 1 Announcement

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You cannot install SESP Standalone if you already have Solid Edge installed.

With ST10 we made a fundamental change on how the data management clients are provided.  With ST10 when you install Solid Edge you also automatically install *all* data management clients including SESP.  

This change in behaviour is documented in the Solid Edge readme where it states the following:

PDM Integrations

Individual client installations of the Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC), Solid Edge SP, and Insight are now integrated with Solid Edge installation. Just install Solid Edge and your license, set your active PDM client using the Choose PDM Integration tool, and you are ready to work with managed documents.

Additional information is available in the Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) Guide for Users and Administrators. The guide is accessible from:

• Solid Edge installation media (SEECAdminGuide.pdf)
  • While running Solid Edge - From the Learn Solid Edge tab, under Other Documents, select Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) Guide for Users and Administrators
  • While running Solid Edge Help - From the table of contents, under Installation and Administration, click Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) Guide for Users and Administrators

If you begin using one PDM integration client and later choose to use a different one, you do not have to uninstall and install any software: just run the Choose PDM Integration utility in the Solid Edge ST10 program group.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, I did see it on when install SE. But still, access Sharepoint server from SE does not give me the ability to work on workflow and such (not that I know of). Anyway, after I install view and Markup, everything seems to work again. Can you explain it to me? Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

And from the SESP readme file:

Installing V&M

View & Markup (V&M) is a pre-requisite for running Solid Edge SP.

Since V&M has been removed from base Solid Edge setup in ST10, a separate installation package for V&M which must be acquired from the GTAC download site.

To support Solid Edge SP in conjunction with Solid Edge or standalone, the V&M setup can be installed with Solid Edge installed or independently from Solid Edge.