Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST10 - Multilingual or only Bilingual, that's the question?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi Edgers,

I would like to know wether the ST10 is a real Multilingual version of Solid edge or only a Bilingual version with the main langauge of download and English as second language.

Or is there any option, trick, setup, to start Solid Edge ST10 in English, German, French, Spain, etc.

regards
Wolfgang
6 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST10 - Multilingual or only Bilingual, that's the question?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It is multi-lingual in that all languages are included. But I believe the way it works is that it detects the locale of your machine. There may be some way to switch between other languages, but I am not sure what it is if any. There is a checkbox in the Helpers tab all the way at the bottom that decides whether to use English or the detected locale I believe.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Wolfgang,

I haven't used the multi language support yet, but the ReadMe says, that the UI either uses the language defined in the Regional Settings or the default English UI.

So, it should be enough to change your Regional Settings to let's say French, to see SE in French.

From ReadMe.htm:

Multilingual setup for Solid Edge

The Solid Edge user interface is localized and delivered in 14 languages—Chinese (Simplified),Chinese (Traditional), Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish. To support our multinational customers, several enhancements were made in Solid Edge ST10:

• At the system level—You now can easily change the language used to display the Solid Edge user interface, without having to remove and then reinstall the product. This capability relies on the current Language (Region) selection on the Microsoft Windows 7 Start menu > Control Panel > Region and Language dialog box > Formats tab > Format list NOTE: On the Windows 10 operating system, the path to the locale setting is Control Panel > Region > Formats tab.
  • During Solid Edge setup —
    • Solid Edge detects your locale setting when setup is launched and displays the setup wizard user interface in that language.
    • The setup wizard then installs the Solid Edge user interface and engineering data files (for example, hole table, material tables, templates, and preferences) for the detected operating system locale.
    • Optionally, you can use the new Install English check box on the Solid Edge setup wizard to specify that the product is installed and displayed using the English-language user interface and engineering data files (hole table, material tables, templates, and preferences), even when your operating system is set to a different locale.
  • While running Solid Edge — You can select the Use English in the user interface check box on the Solid Edge Options dialog box > Helpers tab to display the user interface in English, even when the product was installed in a different language. This option only changes the user interface elements; it does not change the engineering data files and templates installed with Solid Edge.

For more details, see the sesetup.pdf file, available on your product DVD.

Hi @dcstaples

Hi @MartinBernhard

thanks for clarifying and confitming my assumptions.

The little question now is, what might be the reason for providing those several download images for different languages.

Some difference - I suppose - will be there, isn't it?

But if changing the locale setting of the computer will also change the language of SOlid Edge, then everything is OK

Again, thanks for answering

regards
Wolfgang

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@hawcad We have some exes (sourced from third party suppliers) like Mold Tooling that are not multi-lingual, so those have to come on a per language basis.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Hi @dcstaples

thanks for that info. This makes it plausible.

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

@dcstaples wrote:

@hawcad We have some exes (sourced from third party suppliers) like Mold Tooling that are not multi-lingual, so those have to come on a per language basis.

@dcstaples, that was a wink to me... ;-)