Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST10 Standard parts

Creator
Creator

Hello!

I would like to ask You, is it possible to download the Standard parts for Solid Edge St10 student version? If i know well, it contains bolts, nuts etc. It would be really helpful, beacuse i have to search them one by  one traceparts every time.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Solid Edge ST10 Standard parts

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I can't address standards parts vis a vis a student edition but mcmaster.com is another source for free solid models of fasteners.

The downside is that they are WAY over detailed: helical threads, unnecessary chamfers, etc. So you either ignore those aspects or you take the time to simplify. Even if you do nothing else get rid of the threads. Make them a simple cylinder and add a thread reference if desired. Pretty easy with synchronous.

The upside is that it's a central source for all kinds of fasteners in a catalog format.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Solid Edge ST10 Standard parts

Hi @gyom

Machinery Library needs at least an University (campus) type of SE license and is not usable with the Student license.

But You can use the s

Standard Parts Admin tool to add Your own standard parts, family of parts, etc.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Thanks, maybe in 2019 version its going to be avaiable Smiley Happy)

Can you tell me please, where can I find Standard Parts Admin tool?

Hi @gyom

You will find the Standard Parts Admin Tool directly at the Solid Edge installation image.

Starting the Autostart.exe will show You the Standard Part Admin Installation as entry in the list:

20180626_1933.png

Sorry for having only the German Installation Image available!

regards
Wolfgang
Highlighted

Hi @gyom

and I do not think that there will be any changes with Solid Edge 2019.

I suppose to see the same Students license (which still is for free) and the Campus (University) license which is connected with some costs, but therefore is an equivilent to a Solid Edge Premium type license.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Hy

I had no options what you show me.

I downloaded this version: (2,7 Gb)

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_us/free-software/student

When I click on the exe file, it extart, and after that, this is what i see:solidedge.png

It talks about repair or uninstall.

I have only "Next" option.

I tried to login in plm site to find the normal program what perhaps contains of options to install  Standerd parts, but i cant login without "webkey" licence, settings... Smiley Sad

EDIT 2: Now i find a 3,9 Gb version. I download it, and perhaps i can add something to it Smiley Happy

Creator
Creator

Well, finally i installed the Standard part Administrator, but now i cant open Solid Edge Standard Parts Configuration Wizard. I click on the exe, but nothing happen.