Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST10 Trial Download

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi Edgers,

I have following problem at a user/customer

He has downloaded the Solid Edge Trial version, and after downloading the only result he has are 20 .z files plus one exe

But when trying to unzip those files, I always get an error message and starting the exe also will not do anything (even as Admin)

Has anybody any idea how to being those files into an usable installaion image

regards
Wolfgang
27 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST10 Trial Download

Hi @hawcad,

I have'nt any direct knowledge of process for SE-trial.......how is it licensed? as you might be able to use your installation file, in conjunction with their provided license file/code.

NZ$0.02  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Hi @SeanCresswell

me too.

But AFAIK You have to run the installation from the downloaded file(s)

The problem so far seems to be, that those splitted .7z files could not be processed as they should.

And I can not say why or what to do.

We have done the download and starting the prcoedure two times, but both times the process stopped at the same point without any messages or showing why not continuing.

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Within the trial download folder C:\SEWebInstall should be the twenty 7-Zip files and also a Solid_Edge_Web_Package_ST10.exe file.

Double-click on this Solid_Edge_Web_Package_ST10.exe and your twenty files will automagically be extracted into  a Solid Edge media install folder C:\SEWebInstall\Solid Edge.

However I am guessing that you do not have this Solid_Edge_Web_Package_ST10.exe available because if it was downloaded it would have automatically fired off and performed  all the magic for you.  I would hazard that the user's anti-virus/security settings are preventing the successful download of this  Solid_Edge_Web_Package_ST10.exe file.

Within the user's %TEMP% folder will be several log files related to the download and install of the trial version:

• SolidEdgeSLU.log
  • SEWebInstall.log
  • SEPrinterInstaller.log
  • SESilentInstall.log
  • Download_Info.ini

Query these log files for a clue as to what your issue may be.

Hi @uk_dave

thanks for answering, and Yes the EXE file also was there,
but somehow the automatic start and afterwards the manual try I did stopped both without any error message.

The user did the download twice and both times theer seems to be problems with those files, or procedures.

As I have seen the files to be .7z I also tried to unpack them using several unzipper software (7z, winzip, winrar)

All of them claimed that there are problems witihnthose files.

And Yes, also after doing the download a second time.

But, thanks for showing the folder of the log files.

I immedeately will take a look into them, to see where the problems are.

In the meantime I also have talked to GTAC and the said that the process seems to have a problem creating the installation folder.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Hi guys,

I have the same problem. Can't install the trial.

What I've observed, selfextracting archive can't unpack those 20 files.

I would appreciate solution for that.

Thanks

Dariusz

Siemens Phenom

@Dariusz_IE did you try running the Solid_Edge_Web_Package_ST10.exe file that should also be with these twenty files? 

Creator
Creator

Yes @uk_dave, I've tried to run exe. But it seems it doesn't work at all. I've tried to run it with admin privileges as well, but it didn't help.

I have Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th gen, with Win7 Pro 64bit and 8GB RAM.

Regards

Dariusz

Siemens Phenom

When you double clcik it does it actually run?  

How much space do you have available on your C:\?

Is there a "C:\SEWebInstall\Solid Edge" folder and does it have content?

Creator
Creator

I was talking about "C:\SEWebInstall\Solid Edge" folder and the files inside.  The selfextracting EXE: It runs I think but only for microseconds - it blinks on the screen, so I can't even see what it actually does. But the files hasn't been extracted, and the Solid Edge folder hasn't been created.

When I try to use 7Zip extractor (not the original EXE downloaded) - it shows 20 errors, and can't unpack that.

The Net installation app works until it reaches the installation phase - then it suddenly closes app window and that's all.

I have over 40G space on C drive.

Regards

Dariusz