Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge ST10 Trial Download

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

what is described by @Dariusz_IE is exactly the same here.

No Solid Edge folder within zip

And Yes, we have used 7zip, since IMHO it is one of the best and even free unzipper/zipper avalable

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The ST10  Trial install I have been using as my basis for testing and feedback to you was downloaded  last week.  I have just registered again and am downloading again to test if something changed with the download files since last week.

Siemens Phenom

I have just completed a new Trial registration and download and it is definitely broke this week.  I will work on getting this issue looked at internally.

In the meantime, I have temporarily uploaded to Drobox the Trial installer files from my system that I had downloaded last week.  These work for me and should work for you also.  At least you can then move forward with your install and Trial:

[link removed as the issue is resolved and this is no longer needed]

My sincerest apologies for the delays and inconveniences.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave 

Siemens Phenom

It appears that since I used the Trial last week, which was at that time working, we have since attempted to update the Trial download to ST10 MP3 in the last few days.  Apparently we broke something in that process :-(

Our internal team is now actively engaged in getting this resolved for you.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

thanks a lot for investigating to that issue, and spending Your time and efforts.

And believe me, I'm happy, very happy, very, very happy, that there was nothing I did wrong.

I really started to despair with my capabilities and with my understanding how things are working.

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom

I can confirm that this is now fixed -- I even tested it for myself ;-) 

You will need to download a new Solid_Edge_Web_Installer_English_ST10_Win7.exe file in order to get the fix.

If it is working correctly then you should have 21 (not 20) archive files downloaded to C:\SEWebInstall:

2018-01-18 17_33_18-C__SEWebInstall.png

If you do not get 21 archive files then you have not downloaded an updated version of the Solid_Edge_Web_Installer_English_ST10_Win7.exe file.

Again, I can only apologize for the delays and inconvenience in getting your Trial versions installed.

On the plus side you will now have ST10 MP3 :-)

Thank you and regards,

-Dave 

Creator
Creator

Everything works now.

Thank you!

Regards

Dariusz

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

I'm having the same problem right now when I try installing the student version.