Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST10 installation

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

we downloaded SOLID EDGE ST10 setup file and installed in my laptop and we trying to open i got attached welcome screem.

we are not using any teamcenter application ,find the attached image

please suggest the solution.

Thanks

Preetham

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST10 installation

Genius
Genius

Choose SE button -> managment -> unselect Teamcenter.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

IIRC the default PDM client is based on your Solid Edge license file.  Therefore I would suspect that there is a SEEC entry in your Solid Edge license file?

Regardless, from the ST10 readme file...

PDM Integrations

Individual client installations of the Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC), Solid Edge SP, and Insight are now integrated with Solid Edge installation. Just install Solid Edge and your license, set your active PDM client using the Choose PDM Integration tool, and you are ready to work with managed documents.

Additional information is available in the Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) Guide for Users and Administrators. The guide is accessible from:

• Solid Edge installation media (SEECAdminGuide.pdf)
  • While running Solid Edge - From the Learn Solid Edge tab, under Other Documents, select Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) Guide for Users and Administrators
  • While running Solid Edge Help - From the table of contents, under Installation and Administration, click Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) Guide for Users and Administrators

If you begin using one PDM integration client and later choose to use a different one, you do not have to uninstall and install any software: just run the Choose PDM Integration utility in the Solid Edge ST10 program group.

So based on the above, use the under Windows Start menu -> All Programs -> Solid Edge ST10 -> Choose PDM Integration to define which PDM client you want to be using with your Solid Edge install.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Start->All Programs->Solid Edge ST10->Choose PDM Integration

That application sets the default PDM integration.  If you are like me where you have SEEC licenses because you planned on testing the integration, but never implemented it, Solid Edge defaulted to Teamcenter.  Even when turning Teamcenter off, I couldn't get to use any of the BiDM tools.

If you run that application, you can select the PDM system of your choice to be the default, including BiDM.