Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge ST10 is Released!!

Phenom
Phenom

@LauraWatson coincidentally I see that Keyshot 7 has been released this week.

I assume that version 6 is still the bundled version with ST10 due to timings, but is it the same as when KS6 was released (and 5 was the SE bundled version) that you could just update independently and the licence would be fine? Same even for ST9?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alex_H

Good question.

You are correct; ST6 is still bundled with ST10 due to our release timings.

Internally, we found one new problem with Keyshot 7 and ST10 (PR 8916048).  We have scheduled this PR fix for ST9 MP10 and ST10 MP1.  I will request this fix internally now, so that we can now do some more testing with Keyshot 7 and hopefully announce full support of Keyshot 7 with ST9MP10 and ST10 MP1.

Stay tuned...

Laura

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @LauraWatson that's good news.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Just wondering when the high school edition of ST10 will be available.  There are a bunch of features in ST10 that I think would be good in our school.  A lot of them are already in ST9 but because we don't have access to the MP's we always have to wait for the major release.  Hopefully it will at least be ready before my reimaging in September.

Thanks

Warwick

Community Manager

@leahy268

This usually takes some weeks, since we have to rely on resources outside of our teams to update that website. The process started last week, but I will ask somebody to follow up with you offline to make sure you get what you need for your schools.

Laura

Creator
Creator

Hi Laura,

Do you know if the 45 day trial is now ST10? I know you said mid-August timeframe.

Thanks much!

-Seth M. Holmes

Community Manager

@inov8works

I just checked and it appears to still be ST9.

I have asked for an update from the web team.

Laura

Legend
Legend

I use SE at home, with a monthly subscription as needed. Will I be forced to move to ST10 immediately, if I continue paying every month, or if I stop for a while, and then re-subscribe? Just nervous with all first releases...

Community Manager

@Trikefreak

You can stay on your current installed Solid Edge version, and it will work as long as you have a valid license file.  When you receive a new license file, it will be an ST10 license file, but it will work with your current installed Solid Edge version.  You can move to ST10 at your timing.

Creator
Creator

Hello Laura,

Since ST10 is now only available as a download, I don't see a way to extract the MSI file from the EXE file download. Is there a way to get the MSI Installer? We need it for deploying Solid Edge through Microsoft Group Policy.

Thanks,

Daniel