Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge ST10 is Released!!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The downloaded file is an exe archive.
It is in a format that appears as uncompressed in the user temporary folder (Hidden).
You can unhide the folder and extract (copy) the msi file.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @dbayer

what I normally do is, to rename the EXE to a ZIP file and then I use 7zip to extract the complete installation image into a folder at server storage.

From there I can use it to install as many workstations as I like.

Simple, fast and easy

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Nice tip, Wolfgang.  Thinking outside the box!  However, you don't even need to rename the file.  7-Zip can extract it as-is.  I'd guess other file archive tools would also work.

A detail about getting the data by running the EXE...  After the autorun menu appears, in Explorer go to %tmp% and find the 7z*.tmp folder.  In there you will find the typical DVD structure.

Justin

Hi @JustinH

I just mentioned 7z, since I had the best experiences for a long time and this tool was one of the less which were able to unzipped those installation images of SE.

Besides the fact it is a free tool too, it work sperfect and has a better compress rate when using 7z as format than many others.

But a really good point was that there is no need to rename the file first before unzipping.

Here is the point for this good tip!

regards
Wolfgang

@dbayerKeep in mind you can silently deploy using the Setup.exe as well.  That way you are sure to get all the pre-requisites instead of having to find out what those are and then install those separately prior to installing the Solid Edge MSI.

We do this using the Microsoft SCCM tools.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Creator
Creator

Thank you everyone for the tips on the EXE being a zip file. That is exactly what I needed!

Creator
Creator

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately we only have Group Policy for deployment, which only allows MSI files. I was thinking of ORCA to modify the MSI file to the settings. Or at the very least an MSP file to modify after the fact. If I get desperate I'll go to a script to do everything.

Thanks,

Daniel

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi @LauraWatson,

would you please tell us when the MP01 will be released for ST10 ?

thank you,

Arek

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@arekkul

The good news is there isn't a large driving need for MP1 (that I'm aware of).

With that said, we have some more great improvements coming in MP1,which we are targeting for the end of September.  As with any Solid Edge release, we will make it available when we feel it is best-ready for our customers.

Have a wonderful week,

Laura

Creator
Creator

Hi Laura,

Does the MP1 update come as an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file? If so, will there be any documentation on how to slipstream it with new Solid Edge Installs from the original install file?

Thanks,

Daniel