Solid Edge ST6 - Sheet Metal Synchronous (Error in Editing Part)

[ Edited ]

Greetings to all Solid Edge experts. Smiley Happy

Maybe you guys can help me.

I am a beginner user of Solid Edge (especially using Synchronous method) and I trying hard to fix this issue.

I was trying to edit a sheet metal part in Synchronous, as I try to drag the arrow there to make the dimension longer (Pic. 1), unfortunately, there are window that said that something error happened (Pic. 2).

Do you guys know how to fix it?

Thank you.

*sorry for my bad english*Pic. 1Pic. 1Pic. 2Pic. 2

Thio.

Solid Edge User, College student.

13 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST6 - Sheet Metal Synchronous (Error in Editing Part)

You seem to have a partial bend on the top edge - just a bend radius without any flange material. I think this is tripping up the synchronous solver.  Try either removing this partial bend or adding even 0.1mm of flange after the bend.

If you want to make the flange wider, do not only select de side of the plate also select to side of the bend itself.

[ Edited ]

Hi, Sander-GPI.
I already try to click the side plane of the bend too, but, the same error still occur.
"One or more relationship were found. Change Live Rules setting to modify result".
Another suggestion, maybe?
Thanks.

[ Edited ]

Change your live rules?

Learn what each live rules does etc. Now i'm not an expert in sync, I always use orderd because i think that works a lot better in my opinion. You must find a way to use them both sync and orderd combined.

But mayby this topic helps to understand them more.

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Synchronous-Technology-and-Live-Rules...

Hi, Alex-H.

Thanks. I already cut the Flange, as you see on the Pic. 3 and Pic. 4, I have this kind of flange, so I cut to make the angle 90 degree as I think it would be more easier to make the flange wider when it had a 90 degree flange tab. But, the error is still happening.

Pic. 3Pic. 3Pic. 4Pic. 4

yes, I always use the order than synchronous, but for this task, I think it would be easier and quicker using synchronous. Well, it not as easy as I thought.

@Eka_Pandu If you upload the part file we'll probably be able to help you better.

Hi Alex_H,

here is the file that I'm trying to fix.

It's a sheet metal part but save in .par document, because the origin is from Parasolid file.

Is that why the synchronous wont work proper because it's from Parasolid?

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

have You tried to turn off sync live rules and then doing the changes again?

regards
Wolfgang