Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST7 for Windows 32 bit

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I downloaded Solid Edge ST7 Student Edition and I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, processor Intel Core2 Duo. When I try to start the setup, an error message appears, saying that the processor doesn't support the installation package. What can I do?

Is it possible to download a previous version of the software that can be supported by the processor?

Thanks

15 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST7 for Windows 32 bit

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Good & Bad news....

Good: As of the ST7 release, Solid Edge is only a 64bit application.....so requires 64bit Windows 7 [minimum]. To take advantage of much more memory addressing.

Bad: You will have to stay on ST6, to be able to run it on a 32bit version of Windows.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Ok thanks. Where can I download the ST6 version? In Siemens website I found
only ST7

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Try the link below.....the ST7 license code you have already recieved should still work with ST6. My daughters laptop is still running 32bit Windows with Solid Edge ST6 Student Edition just fine....not to say she isn't nagging for new 64bit Win8.1 laptop. Robot Frustrated

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/app/dl/SolidEdgeV106ENGLISH_32Bit.exe 

Recommend saving the download to a DVD or flash drive for safe keeping....in case you need to reinstall at a later date.

Sean Cresswell

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks for the link, I was able to install ST6, but the Academic code I
have received for ST7 doesn't work. I can write the code but I can't click
OK...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dang it...

Just a thought...have you tried Copy/Paste the text string from the email, into that field directly?  Just in case there is some weird formatting difference in a manually typed iteration.

Sean Cresswell

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I tried both copy/paste form the mail text and typing manually

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have the same problem, but with ST5 version. Academic code sent to my e-mail doesn't work. I'm slowly starting to think, that it's end of my adventure with Solid Edge. It's very bad, because I spent a lot of time learning how to operate it and emidiately I don't have an opportunity to continue my work :-( Learning another free CAD software to be able to make projects to school doesn't smile to me.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Each academic key is also tied to a version. So unlike a commercial license, these are not downward compatible. You need an ST6 key for ST6 install. The registration though I believe only generates the current version. So I will see what I can find out regarding registering ST6 once ST7 posts.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ok, I'm waiting for new informations. Thank you!