Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST8 Academic-Code

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

i wanted to download the academic version of SE ST8 on the website, but i saw that i need 10 to 12 hours to download it completely. So I decided to get SE from my university. They told me that I get an E-Mail from Siemens with the license code and they gave me SE.

So I installed it correctly but i didn't get a license code.

That's written in the E-Mail: "Licensing
Solid Edge Student Edition has an embedded license which will activate during installation. This embedded license is allocated to you and will not expire, providing you with a perpetual academic license.
"

Well I didn't download it from Siemens, I got it from my university on my USB-Stick, so I need to get a licens-code with downloading it 10-12 hours (The part is that my internet connection can get lost in this amount of time, it will be very annoying)

So where I can get my academic licens ??? (w/o downloading from Siemens)

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST8 Academic-Code

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

HI @Hasiman

Please send me a copy of the email that you received when you registered for the product. With that, I can send you a license file directly.  Mail it to melanie.baeske@siemens.com.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

I sent it to you, thanks a lot Smiley Very Happy

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

We no longer use the Academic Code to license Siemens Solid Edge Student Edition.  Following registration at www.siemens.com/plm/solid-edge-student we send a Welcome Email with links to the software download page.  When you select the software language required we automatically embed your assigned license in the download install executable.  When you then install Solid Edge Student Edition your assigned license is also installed and configured.  The Student Edition licesne assigned to you is perpetual, i.e. it will not time-out or expire.

If your College/University provided you with a copy of Siemens Solid Edge University Edition please ask them to also provide you with the License Code included in their University license file.  This Academic Code is only valid for use by students attending the College/University and is a fixed-term license (it will expire after 24minths from the release date of the software).

Hope that helps.