Solid Edge ST8 - Maintenance Pack 3 Announcement

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

==========================================================

========================================================================

Note: The Solid Edge ST8 Maintenance Pack format and process has changed

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

========================================================================

=============================================================

November 17, 2015

Dear Solid Edge Customer:

Solid Edge ST8 Microsoft Installer (MSI) Maintenance Pack 3 is available for download.

Sincerely,

The Solid Edge Team

============

Release Notes:

============

Microsoft Installer (MSI) Maintenance Packs – Beginning with Solid Edge ST8, Maintenance Packs are delivered as and installed using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Solid Edge MSI based Maintenance Packs are installed and tracked as Product Updates.

• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.

• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.

• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please note that there have been cases where the Disk Space Computation takes several minutes to complete. Please be patient.

• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.

• Uninstalling a MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.

• PLEASE NOTE: When uninstalling a MSI Product Update, the original source media and the previous Product Update package, if any, must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.

• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation. After the current Update is uninstalled, the previous Update will become the current Update, if there were multiple Updates installed.

• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).

Solid Edge Maintenance Packs are released for CRITICAL items only. Maintenance Packs are available up to 15 months following the release date of the English version. The release date for Solid Edge ST8 English was 06/05/15, making the Maintenance Pack cutoff date 09/05/16.

Solid Edge - Solid Edge ST8 MP3 or later supports Windows 10 if the Windows 10 “November Refresh” version 1511 (OS Build 10586.0) or later is installed.  Solid Edge does not support the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge.

Solid Edge Integration to Teamcenter - The Solid Edge integration to Teamcenter 10.1.5 and later have been tested on Windows 10 connected to Teamcenter 10.1 and 11.2 servers and there are no known issues.  Teamcenter plans to announce support of Windows 10 with Teamcenter 10.1.6 and 11.2.2.

Solid Edge SP - ST8 Solid Edge SP cannot support Windows 10 due to the following unresolved PR assigned to Microsoft: PR 7410688 - Win 10 does not show the SESP Preview/Properties Card or Edit Properties.

================

Download Location:

================

ST8 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from:

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST8/Maintenance_Packs/

==========

Installation:

==========

Maintenance Pack Executables (.exe files) deliver updated versions of existing product dlls.

Maintenance Pack Installs (.zip files) are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions must be uninstalled using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel.

===============

E-mail Notification:

===============

To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.

To initiate your subscription, navigate to: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/email.shtml for the web interface.

=========================================

This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:

=========================================

===API===

PR 7527305: Add-in icon added to quick access toolbar is not resized from 32x32 to 16x16 in ST8

PR 7535239: API Method GetSelectSetPhysPropsRelToCoordSys returns wrong result

PR 7467927: CoordinateSystem.SetOrientation API does not work while in synchronous mode

PR 7312506: API - SEpartX doesn't works properly on ST7

===Assembly===

PR 7426089: Part statuses are incorrect

PR 7432562: Column 'Up-To-Date' states NO although mass and volume are up-to-date

PR 8281565: Slow Graphics performance in SE Frame Simulation

PR 7493447: Single part is copied although 'move subassembly components' is off

===Draft===

PR 7393626: Print as display preview is not correct

PR 7510094: Plane normal to Curve" flipping along path

PR 7521115: model out-of-date condition with legacy weldments

PR 7490572: Reference text not solved

PR 7512735: Detail View dimension extension line can't be dragged by handles

PR 7535669: Enter/Return Key no longer works with the Dimension Prefix dialog

PR 7457217: Specific dwg file (AutoCAD 2013) does not open

PR 7547258: Model links appear in empty draft file

===Part/Profile/Sheet Metal===

PR 7535025: docking panes not snapping into position

PR 1991679: Solving simulation in Solid Edge takes very long time

PR 7516827: Bend direction changes when a tab is added to a cutout in sheet metal part

PR 7487383: Variables are doubled in German version

PR 7530206: Incorrect status of active/inactive setting in Design Intent Dialog

PR 7522401: Bend radius does not change if Thickness is also present in Family of Parts

===Insight===

PR 7546856: Assembly Family does not retain save changes

===Insight Connect===

PR 7519591: Assemblies copied with RevMan are pointing to the wrong parts

PR 7509413: Revision Manager adding part of file name to Revision if a "-" is used

===Solid Edge SP, Server, Standalone Client, Solid Edge Client===

PR 7525971: Persist the sort order of results when the Search dialog is closed and reopened

PR 8273700: German Add to Solid Edge SP doesn't map "Info -> Titel" to SESP Document Titel

PR 8274706: SESP people picker web part takes lot of time to load

PR 7473328: Renaming folder in SESP can cause failure on open or component download

PR 7452106: Generate Report with adapted BOM Text file is incorrect

PR 8270513: IE has stopped working creating empty ZIP to Documents

PR 7438937: Solid Edge SP wrong value "Sandbox" displayed for own Status "Proto

PR 7523851: Creating revision from model will not open new rev in Solid Edge

PR 7527178: More button in linked documents is missing

===Solid Edge Embedded Client===

PR 7521025: file open dialog, for "file of type" is changed following a replace part

PR 7429671: Initial value required attribute not available in ATT Interactive

PR 7523821: Revised document is read only

PR 7521793: SEEC opens a dataset as checked out and Read Only when opening from RAC

PR 7539749: Performance Problems Importing using Add To Teamcenter utility

===Translators===

PR 7429781: Density and Mass not recognized by Solid Edge opening JT file

Regards,
Fred White
Siemens PLM Software
9 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST8 - Maintenance Pack 3 Announcement

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I can not find on the above list anything about correction of Pathfinder working appropriately in SE window area without being transparent.

Was that ignored?

milanw

Milan Wendl, MEngSc, P.Eng.
AAA Engineering, Canada
ST10, SolidWorks Premium 2017

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

If you will provide a PR number I will have a look for you.

Regards,
Fred White
Siemens PLM Software

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Was that problem not mentioned on this site many times?

My job is to do my job, buy needed software, pay for it etc.

It should be done by SE programers or those beta testers!

milanw

AAA Engineering, Canada

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

milanw wrote:

Was that problem not mentioned on this site many times?

Hi @milanw,...just remember, this is a primarily a user community forum, not to be confused with the official mechanism by GTAC, for submitting calls about issues & enhancements. Even though many Siemens crew frequent here....if the discussions here don't result in an IR# or ER#, then chances are, it will not make the cut.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

By Jeff:

If you will provide a PR number I will have a look for you.

Jeff was ignorant or blaming me for not telling them about the quite annoying error done by those programmers and beta testers, which I have to deal with last few weeks.

For the many years, based on the PR headings in the SE MP Readme files, I did suspect that it is listing only of the outsiders and was hoping that SE internal guys do some other corrections as well.

To do a good job, Jeff should know if the Pathfinder issue was fixed and he could just let me know that, without giving me the reason to get upset.

I am contributing to those guys wages since about Solid Edge 8 if not earlier. Do not remember and not being in my office I do not have access to all of my original SE CD's which I keep as sentimental, but excelled engineer.

Its called honesty too.

By the way users, I did install the ST8 MP3 on my home use laptop and it does have the Pathfinder error fixed.

milanw

AAA Engineering, Canada

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @milanw....sorry, I didn't mean to sound dismissal at all of what you said, and fully appreciate the emotion behind it.

Good to hear the issue you raised is actually corrected in MP3 though....I'm about to download & install it too.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank Sean,

One has to be passionate about the work itself. Once member of the special group asked me why I am the engineer, telling me that and I quote him: " My 2 daughters became the medical doctors, it's where the MONEY is". I just hope thay would not try to make money on the thickness of my kids and grand children.

I wish to have some more feedback on the ST8 MP3 and W10, other that is is supported. I need to install W10 on my home laptop, now just waiting for that feedback and SW 2015 SP5 and SW 2016 SP1 service packs which should support W10.

I got to upgrade the coding of my AAA ERP for some clients putting already W10 on their computers without telling me and the ERP I am doing is not installing on W10.

milanw

AAA Engineering, Canada

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Jeff (actually "Fred") was not blaming you for not telling them about the issue.  He simply asked if you had the PR # that is assigned if/when you report and issue and it is determined to be a problem.  Fred sees hundreds of IR/ER/PR numbers and descriptions for a variety of products including Solid Edge, and given that he is not in development, he is not intimate with all the issues and their associated fixes, so for him to be able to tell you the status on a short few words of a description is ridiculous... He needs the PR # to look it up!

On the topic of reporting issues, I always encourage users to report anything and everything as you cannot assume somebody else has already found the issue and reported it as many users have this same assumption that it is someone elses responsibility and thus things go unreported/underreported.  I mention "underreported" because there is always way more work to do than what can get done and things need prioritized.  The IR process is the way this happens, so even if somebody logs an IR for an issue, if the count is really low it may not get prioritized high enough to get the attention it needs.  Also keep in mind what Sean said... This discussion group is not an official channel for reporting issues to Siemens PLM, it is officially for us, the users.

On the topic of "beta testers", I'm one of those folks you blasted for "the quite annoying error done by those programmers and beta testers".  I confused by why you put the blame on others who take time away from their work and spend additional money for travel to BETA test Solid Edge just because they didn't happen to find an issue unique to you?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure wether I have understood everxthing correctly,  but will not be the first PR under parts the issue You were asking about?

regards
Wolfgang