Solved! Go to solution

Solid Edge ST8 Standard Parts SQL Server Error

Hi, I'm Muhammad Arisy from Hitachi Sunway, the reseller for the Solid Edge product in Malaysian region.

I would like to ask why when I install Solid Edge ST8 standard part, the SQL Server error always pop-up.

See the image to see the error message.

I already try to install and uninstall but the same error will pop-up.

At the end, I will not able to use the standard part in SOlid Edge ST 8.

Any advices?

14 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST8 Standard Parts SQL Server Error

This standard parts thins is unbelievable complicated.

I have spend hours to try to install this but never ever accomplished.

I really don't understand why the installation just can't be a thing of a few clicks.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arisy
‎08-31-2015 11:39 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi,
installation of StdParts can be very easy or very painfull...
So far with ST7/8 I ran into three scenarios:

1. StdParts were installed correctly on first attempt. This was single-user installation with SQL db on local PC.
2.StdParts were not installed correctly because of some issue with SQL Express installation script. This was also single-user installation with SQL db on local PC
3.StdParts were installed as multi-user, SQL db was located on remote server

If scenarion 2 occurs, it is easier to do the multi-user installation. I created a step-by-step manual fr this installation, which is attached below. Sorry for czech pictures, it was primarily created for czech users.

If you attempt to install StdParts locally, you can also use this guide but with some small changes:

1. In attached document in step II (Installation of StandardParts to „server“) you can choose local folder (for example C:\Solid Edge Standard Parts\).

2. In step III you can install SQL on local PC

3. In step V you must select this local folder (C:\Solid Edge Standard Parts\) in Configuration Wizard.

Hope it helps and sorry for my english.

Ota

Thanks for the reply. I will try to do the method you attach.

Thanks. The method you give is helpful.

[ Edited ]

You are welcome.

Ota

I'm in the proceess of installing standard parts as well. Two questions regarding a server install:

Does the Strd Parts Administrator need to be installed on the server or on one of the clients?

My guts tell me it has to be on the server, which brings me to question two: Do I need to have a solid edge license on the station that manages the server to install the administrator? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks

ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro

Correction to my own post...

So the administrator is installed on my client station. Ideally where should the Solid Edge Standard Parts folder be? On my station as well or somewhere on the server?

ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro

Usually what I did is...I install standard part in the user PC one by one.

Then extract all the part from SE administrator for eac PC.

Maybe can be done in server but im not very sure how to do it.

Hi WSSTEEL,

generally StdParts have two installation method:

Single - means that user has installed StdParts Administrator and Libraries on his machine. So /Solid Edge Standard Parts/ folder is located on client machine, SQL Express server with StdParts database should be located also on client machine.

Multi - means that one user has installed StdParts Administrator on his machine. SQL Express with StdParts database is installed on some server or shared PC. /Solid Edge Standard Parts/ folder should be located on server. User with StdParts Admin configures StdParts database and then other users connects to StdParts database on server. Files are also stored od server or where StdParts Admin defines folders location.

It is also possible to have single client installation configured with /Solid Edge Standard Parts/ folder located on server or in shared folder.

Ota