Solid Edge ST8 System Requirements and Information

Creator
Creator

Hi everybody, I´m new in this forum. Few days ago I downloaded the version ST8 (student version) and after installing it correctly, the program runs very slowly, with "lags".

It's very strange because I have the following workstation:

HP Zbook 15u G2 ( WIN 8.1, Core i7 2,6 GHz, 16 Gb RAM, 256 SSD and dedicated graphics

AMD FirePro M4150 1GB GDDR5 )

In theory, this workstation have siemens certificates...

PD: I configured the dedicated graphics for solidedge and nothing

Please,I don´t know what to do..

13 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST8 System Requirements and Information

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Seems a good system, although historically there have been many issues linked with AMD graphics "drivers", so that would be one concern.

Out of curiosity, if you open a blank PAR file, go to "Application Button" > "Solid Edge Options"...on the "View" panel,  what does the system show as being used there?

I have my Surface Pro3 & other users Quadro FX1800 checked to use "Automatic Selection"....you might try un-checking to try other modes to test the results.

2015-11-16 (1).png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The most common cause of graphics issues is the graphics driver (as I think Sean pointed out).

Siemens GTAC site provides the following link for the appropriate graphics driver for your graphics card -

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/mobile?oem=HP&os=Windows%207%20-%2064#

I would download and install this driver then follow Sean's instructions.

Cheers

Mark

Creator
Creator

Yes, it was the first thing that I read, but it works just as badly. 

Creator
Creator

Downloaded, installed the driver and with Seal`s changes the same...It is crazy, with my new workstation this problems.

Thank you all the same,

Pablo

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, so I would then suspect the hold up relates to other software, or system configutation, or hardware state, that is causing the lag.

I can only base this on, the relative ease at which I have helped install with students software, on much lesser machines, without real issue. [display performance & raw CPU power aside]

Such as....

• Create exemptions in you Antivirus software, for all of the Solid Edge file extentions. [PAR, PSM, ASM, DFT]
  • Check you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed....if NOT, uninstall SE, then load .NET, then reinstall SE.
  • Make certain your UAC has you set as the "Administrator" for your system.
  • Try in Solid Edge Options, under "File Locations" - using the "Reset All" button to restore the default paths.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did the memory come in the machine when you purchased it or did you add some yourself?  Possible the memory is not seated properly... I've seen that cause unexplained slowdowns.

We run the same laptop brand/model/config here with the exception of we use the NVIDIA Quadro graphics.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Creator
Creator

OK, thank you very much, I will try to investigate the matter

Creator
Creator

I expanded the memory ( 8 to 16) with a CRUCIAL PC3-12800. I have removed the memory and the problema continues.

Do you ST8 or ST6 in your workstation? In Windows 8.1? Do you have exactly the same model? I thought this model was not possible NVIDIA graphis, only AMD Firepro. I'm from Spain and here was only AMD configuration.

Pablo

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I run both ST6 and ST8 but only on Windows 7.

We have purchased the Z book 15 since the G1and now the G2.  All come with the NVIDIA Quadro option.

This is the model we are currently buying:  http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=7489990#!tab=specs

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10