Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge ST9 Language - Help

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello people,

I have Solid Edge ST9 installed on my computer, but it's in german. I need it to be in english, and it has to be the ST9 version because everybody in the project I'm working on has the ST9.

I just discovered in one discussion group that if I replace the folder "Solid Edge ST9>Program>ResDLLs>0009" for another one installed in english, the program will change to english with minor errors. So I was wondering if anyone who has that version installed in english could send me that folder... If it's possible to send me the installation file, by all means, it's almost 2GB, but would be even better.

If you know another way to change the language, please tell me. I really need this Smiley Wink

6 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST9 Language - Help

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I do not believe that anyone with a commercial license, or any license for that matter, can send you these files.   I would think that sharing of DLLs without the expressed, written consent of Siemens is a no-no.

I suggest contacting your VAR and/or GTAC Directly.  I would think you could get this resolved in short order via those channels.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Matt

The fastest and most reliable path is to just download the English software.  Then remove the German, install English.  In ST10, we have made SE multilingual, but for ST9, installing the language you want is the best move.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Melanie,

I did not know that I could download the ST9 version in english. When I enter Siemens website I find only the ST10 available. Where can I download it from?

Siemens Legend

Hi @kevin_bernert

PM me your email address, and I'll get the software to you.  You're right - there's no straightforward way for you to get the older version now.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

I could finally work this out, I've convinced some people to upgrade to ST10. We will probably still have some problems with the version of the software, but now I believe is just a matter of time for everybody to be using the newest one.

@MattJohnson_PG I called the Technical Center (GTAC) and they told me there's no technical support for the free versions, such as the student ones. They couldn't do anything for me. Thanks for the information nevertheless.

@Melanie_Baeske If the people working on this project didn't upgrade their Solid Edge, yours would have been the best solution. You are very kind, thanks a lot for the effort!

Siemens Legend

Thanks, @kevin_bernert!  Glad you were able to work this out!

Best regards,

Melanie