Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge St 9 installation Problems

Experimenter
Experimenter

I downloaded the German version of Solid Edge St 9 (1,99 GB) and when i try to install the file it says "You already have a Solid Edge product installed, please remove that before installing this one". I had Solid Edge St 8 installed but i removed it from my PC about an month ago and i can`t find any files called "Solid Edge". I`m running windows 10 (64 bit) on an i5-4210 CPU, a Nividia Gforce gtx 950m and 8 GB of RAM. Hope somebody can help me! 

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge St 9 installation Problems

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @maxi_end,

The system is detecting artifacts from the ST8 installation, so will not allow it to proceed.......I presume you used Control Panel to uninstall it, as normal, and not just deleting the ST8 folder from Program Files.

I suspect the best option, would be to remove the system "Registry" entries for Solid Edge.....but this is not an area to make any mistakes, as errors within it can permanently damage the entire system.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

I already cleared my registry from all solid edge files. That was my last clue i don't know what else i could do now.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I forgot to delete the Unigraphics Solutions folder in my registry. After i did that the installation worked!