Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Solid Edge Subscription Question

Phenom
Phenom

I am running SE ST10 on an annual subscription basis. This is my first time upgrading while on subscription. Anyone else on here running on a subscription basis?

I can access the SE 2019 download section to download the new software, but I cannot access the license section of GTACas it tells me my license does not give me access for that feature. I am honestly not sure how the subscription licensing works, although it appears that my license is renewed monthly automatically. I just checked and my current license expires at the end of July and was created 6/6/2018. I guess this is happening in the background without my knowledge, which again is fine. I am just trying to understand how it works and what I need to do to run 2019.

Will I be emailed a new license for the subscription or will it automatically be downloaded once I install SE 2019? I am not in a hurry to install 2019, I just don't want to risk being down for any length of time waiting on a license when I do upgrade.

TIA,

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Solid Edge Subscription Question

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Bob,

The Subscription pathway for Solid Edge 2019 is still a work-in-progress.

When the subscription back-end is updated, the license will update automatically, just as it does today when you start the product and you are nearing the end of the month. But no fear, I have opened IR 9199836 for you and will have one of our Support Engineers to call you shortly and get your subscription license updated manually. 

Regards,
Fred White
Siemens PLM Software

Re: Solid Edge Subscription Question

Phenom
Phenom

Thank you!

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317