just tried the SOlid Edge Translation Sevies .exe to use it for automized translation (export) of Solid Edge data.
According to the info and help found under:
I always get an error message back with no success in translation.
Can anybody confirm this with ST9 wether this generally doesn't work or wether I have a problem here with this local installation.
Thanks in advance
BTW: I thought to rmemeber an extra program to import/export Solid Edge files to parasolid.
But I don't find it.
Is this also a piece of tools taken away with one of the last versions or again a problem of
"The Old men with the Bad Eyes"
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solid Edge ST9\Custom\Batch\Bin\batch
The Batch macro was in my mind but I thought there was - and now I got the confirmation from another source that thee was an external translator in the program folder to import/export from/to parasolid which seems to be canceld/take out for supoose 2 versions now.
Same happend with the STEP translator, but here I can understand the changes due to the changes in step translator.
If it would be possible to use these new Solid Edge Translation Services Exe instead, then OK, but they don't seem to work properly.
At least at the moment forme.
PS.: the idea should be a "batch" translation without the need of staring Solid Edge itself, what was possible using the translator tools.
Dont forget... there is a whole new world out there within the API!!!
of course there is "this" hole new world outside, but is it a must to enter it?
There already were working tools vailable for years and for many many versions.
And then they are suddenly taken away, with now uderstandable reason.
Of course we can try to create a macro but this also might would mean to - somehow - strat Solid Edge i the back, running it for a task which - as it seems - should be heer and working.
I hope to hear froom support and development, how it could be solved and why it doesn't work yet.
But also, thanks for Your efforts @Johnson_BigMatt
@hawcad SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe just automates Solid Edge to do the translation invisibly. You would need to make sure you can successfully save out the file type manually which will insure your options are set correctly. Once that is done, SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe should work... It is working for me to save PDF's from Draft files.
path\SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe -i="input file path and name" -o="output file path and name" -t=filetype (PDF, IGS, STP, DWG)
As the author of the blog post referenced, I can also confirm that the SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe is working as expected in ST9.
EDIT: Also, you will need to provide the full path for both the input and output file names.
thanks for that info, which I just got from Kay too.
the hint with the "Full Pathname" was it.
I never thought that this could be necessary, and therefore always used relative names instead.