Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge Triangulated Bend Detail

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all, this is my first post here.. I'm running Solid Edge ST9 and creating a chute for the end of a sand hopper. Attached is an image of the entire chute as an assembly. I've got the transition like i need it and i have it in two halves, all i need help with is bend detail. In a draft the bend table only pulls 4 main bend points and i cant get anymore information. I've attached the file im working with, hopefully you guys can open it and toy with it. If not and i need to translate the file type to something else let me know.Capture1.JPG 

6 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Triangulated Bend Detail

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

answer.JPG

Good Marketing makes the company look smart.
Great Marketing makes the customer feel smart.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've worked with that. I have it set to 5 where i want it. What i'm really trying to figure out is how to call out the bend detail in a draft? How do i know what to bend each triangulated line to to get the shape i want?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@QBoaz3  You would use a callout with the Bend property text codes in it to read the info.

2017-10-13_10-38-56.png

2017-10-13_10-40-56.png

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Ken! Such a simple solution i spent a long time trying to figure out.. Robot Mad

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

But here comes the real problem.

The first thing the shop will want is back gage setting for the break/folder whatever.

This can be presented in draft, but is not easy. 

Also worth note, unless your model uses the bend radius the machine actually creates, the flat pattern will have problems durring fabrication.

If your flat cutting tool can also mark the bend lines on the part, that can help tons.

Phenom
Phenom

@12GAGE

Not our shop. We just etch those into the part.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"