Solid Edge UI tips inspired by MS Office

Phenom
Phenom

These little facts may well be known to those who were using SE when the ribbon interface was introduced. I missed few of those versions after V20.

Yesterday, I was reading through some MS Excel tips when came across 2 facts:

1. You can double click a tab on the ribbon to expand-collapse or show-hide the ribbon bar.

2. You can scroll the mouse wheel over the ribbon to change the tabs without having to actually reach-out to a tab and making it current.

I found these to be working with Solid Edge too, especially the scroll tip which gives a 'never-before-seen' panoramic view of all Solid Edge commands available to a user.

So I may not be the first one to have discovered these little tidbits, but thought of documenting and illustrating on these pages:

Double-Click Tabs Tip

Scrolling Ribbon Tip

01.png

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.png

Solid Edge Users Facebook Group

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge UI tips inspired by MS Office

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
Good reminder for those of us who struggled to work with the early M$ Office style UIs. I still find this UI clumsy for CAD use, but I am getting better at customizing it.

Jason

Phenom
Phenom

Yes! or Ctrl+F1! Smiley Wink

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Good tip Imi. I always thought that one was reserved for context sensitive help.

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

Phenom
Phenom

@jinglis  here's another topic that has come up that I seriously consider too clumsy to handle due mainly to transition from a menu system to a ribbon interface.

~Tushar