Solid Edge University 2016 Presentation Wish List...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I know Matt has posted a list of topics for suggested user presentations at SEU2016, but I was curious what you all thought would be a good presentation topic for SEU...  Please reply to this post with your wish for a topic.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1
13 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge University 2016 Presentation Wish List...

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I wish I had a good topic to present.

Phenom
Phenom

I would like to learn more about the CAD administration side of Solid Edge and the various options and tools that come out-of-the box with Solid Edge that a CAD administrator uses routinely.

Another topic of interest would be an in-depth review and functional (preferably hands-on) demonstration of the new data management tools in ST 9

~Tushar

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I had hopes of attending and giving a presentation on ordered sheet metal using plane controls and creating bend tables that included back gage. I don't think it will happen.

In general, I have a daily war with sheet metal corners, flanges, and variable flow for drafting. So I would be curious how other set up work flow to minimize those issues.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Tushar Administration stuff is a good idea. SEU is always a little lite on that topic.  I do know that for an extra $50 and getting there by 8:00 AM on Tuesday, there will be a 4 hour session on the built-in data management tools.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

MLombard
Retired

swertel wrote:

I wish I had a good topic to present.

That sounds like an invitation!

• How about 3D Sketch?
  • Solid Edge Surfacing
  • ST9 Sketch Blocks in Assembly layout?
  • Master Model or Skeleton Modeling methods?
  • Managing in-context links?
  • Tables
  • Repair of imported data
  • Following Practical drawing standards

I'm sure there's stuff you do that other people don't know much about.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Phenom
Phenom

Here's a couple of topics I'd like to see. Granted these are more full process-based topics not specific to a module or function.

Solid Edge in different data management environments:

1. Solid Edge SP (SharePoint) working environment
  2. Solid Edge plus Teamcenter working environment (RapidStart)
  3. Solid Edge, Teamcenter and "other" CAD working within a multi-CAD environment (multi-CAD/Multi-site)
  4. Solid Edge for non-PDM based environment

Looking at all these we should be able to see pro's and con's of each environment.

Sessions that cover strategies to implement/leverage synchronous technology. Sessions specific for those that are new to CAD and sessions for those that have been using the 20+ years of history-base CAD baggage (change management sessions).

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@RyanM, You left out SE with Insight because....?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom
I forgot about it! Thanks for adding that one.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I  would like to know how others re-use file. For example. lets say you have a sheet metal design that is 2' x 2' x 2'. And you need another copy of that on the same job, but the other one is 2' x 2' x 3'. Then both files need to be used in the same assembly. How do most handle that?

Do they rename each part so both designs can live in the same directory? do you use two directories? How you do make a copy of the entire design when finished? In specific I want to re-use the drafting work of the 2' X 2' X 2' design for the 2' x 2' x 3' design.

I do this now, but it is always a fight and I can only move project using the file explorer to copy the entire project.

Another can of worm I'm wondering how most handle is part number control. When I make a sheet metal part, I make a PSM file that gets a draft to make the part. That draft displays the part number of the finished item in the title block. I then make an assembly of that single part so that the assembly will display the part number of the finished part. I work this way because I only want a single format of parts lists and there is only one slot for part number. The original part displays the part number of the material the part is made from, not what it makes that is needed in the assembly where it is inserted.