Solid Edge University meet and greet

I know this topic is way off base and has nothing to do with the development of Solid Edge, but I had an idea for a session at Solid Edge.

There are many types of users of Solid Edge. Some design and then pass the design down within the organization to get it manufactured. Some design and then send it out to be quoted and manufactured by a vendor. I work for the later and I am always excited when I can find a customer who uses Solid Edge and we can transfer ideas seamlessly because we work with the same software, saving both parties time and money by not having the worry of translation errors or miscommunication.

I always thought that Solid Edge university would be a great place where a meet and greet session of some sort could occur where designers who are looking for manufactures could meet and exchange contact information.

Just a thought

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge University meet and greet

We have that oppurtunity at the reception before the event Tuesday evening and the social Wednesday night.  We also have that oppurtunity at breakfast as well as lunch.  What additional would you like to see?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

With the event Tuesday and social Wednesday one idea that can help get users connected would maybe a color code on the name tag.

For instance if you are a manufacturer of parts (job shop) like myself you would have a particular color on your name tag that signifies I am a manufacturer and not an OEM. A designer who out sources parts to be made would have a different color on their name tag that signifies I don't make my parts in house and sub the manufacturing parts out. This way when we meet at the meet and greet events we have a signifier that signifies what we do and can start a conversation with that person and see if we can make a business connection.

Just a thought

This is a great idea and was also discussed during a recent conference call for SEU 2016

I think Ken or Dan Staples also had similar thoughts.

Another related group dedicated to SEU is the SEU2016-Event-Group

Check if it is an open group or ask the admin to add you.

Your thoughts will be appreciated out there as well !

~Tushar Suradkar

Solid Edge Users Facebook Group