Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge classic hose in assembly.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

I have SE classic and I wonder what is the best way to make a hose between two components in one assembly.
And if I move a component, the hose follow.

I have seen this thing with xpres-route and fixed length on curve.

But what is the best way in SE classic?

If someone have a video it have been great!

centernorway

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Solid Edge classic hose in assembly.

Phenom
Phenom
Definitely ordered adjustable part. There are some really nice videos on youtube and I can upload a sample later, if needed.

Genius
Genius

Used for hoses and power cables, a simple and easy way is to use create part in place and use inter-part copy to select reference geometry, followed by keypoint curve to create a path between, then we use a swept protrusion to produce the item.

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

centernorway, I know you asked in SE Classic but the obvious alternative answer is Adjustable Tubes (new in SE2019)
http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/2019/se_help#uid:xid1129777:xid1325277:index_xid13252...

/Ulf

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Phenom
Phenom

@centernorway Here's a sample file and two videos, one of the adjustable part, one of the assembly. There are a lot of steps that I haven't shown, but you'll find them in the adjustable part videos on Youtube. 

I recommend settind the constraints in a manner that prevents your part from going crazy. Offset type "range" will do this nicely.

/Harri

(view in My Videos)

(view in My Videos)

Legend
Legend

Sorry to but in here, but @Ulf_Eriksson, is that not available in Classic?  Is it available in Premium?  Do we need to buy additional add-ins for full functionality?

Thank you.

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@bnemec, It requires ExpresRoute unfortunately.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Phenom

Yes,

Xpresroute that is included in SE Premium, or as an add-on: SE304/SE306.

/Ulf

Legend
Legend

Thank you Bruce and Ulf.  Is there a matrix or chart that displays what the various levels of SE can do along with the Siemens add-ins.  Sounds like several add-ins are bundled into the Premium level, but I can seldom get a clear picture from the liturature.  With 2019 it seems they renamed everything to do with wires, hoses, routing or electrical.  Hard to make sure we buy what we need and do not buy what we do not need.

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.

Siemens Phenom

Yes, there is a Solid Edge Product Comparison, but as far as I know, it should be presented to you by your VAR (reseller) or Siemens Sales.

So pls contact your VAR and they will help you with all your questions.

Good luck! /Ulf