Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge draft from 3d assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good evening everyone. I've wanted to resolve this for some time but somehow time never permits! See attached.

There are two issues:

1. How best to set the edge property to show these missing lines? SE seems to not display some lines sometimes either when in depth of the view there are objects in front and back, as though it has issues with what to show and not to show, and will only show them grouped into hidden lines, or not at all.

2. SE really doesn't seem to like 3D objects protruding one another, without cutouts or holes. In this case it's pipe fitting work that I run through stanchions so that I can use the frame and do it in one piece, even though each segment gets welded between stanchions in the fabrication. I get that SE doesn't by default show these lines, but is there a setting to get it to? It helps to show it as it will look in real life, brings clarity for fabricators.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge draft from 3d assembly

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @CADCAM16,

In order to get the correct display, where there are obvious geometry collisions, go to that views Properties, and on the Advanced tab, change the "Part intersections" option to "Create all face intersections (slowest)"....this should fix your view irregularities.

2018-03-09.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Pioneer
Pioneer

Perfect, thank you for showing where this is toggled! 

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

@SeanCresswell I would mark your post as the Solution, but I'm not the OP so I can't.  Hopefully the OP will come back and do so.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@CADCAM16

For the sake of all in the community... Please consider giving KUDOS to answers that were helpful to you or appreciated. Also please mark a post as the SOLUTION if you feel you received an answer. This helps give credit and creditability to other users and helps others find a solution in the future when searching the forums.
thanks!

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7