Solid Edge drafts - Can I change the style for all objects quickly?

Hi,

Is there a quick way to change the style of all objects in a draft (dims, text, tables etc)?  Beyond that is there a batch process that could do this?

The reason I ask is we have our own company styles setup stored in the template.  I've discovered a number of drawings that have been done using the wrong style and would like to change them en masse if possible?

At the moment I'm telling the users to use smartselect to pick all similar elements then change the style via the dropdown menu.

Thanks for any help,

Guy

CAD/CAE Manager
ST8 MP12
5 REPLIES

Betreff: Solid Edge drafts - Can I change the style for all objects quickly?

HI @Guy_H77

does a change of the format styles help?

Reimporting the fomrta styles from new template or MTL should define all objects which was created using that style.

I think that there is a batch program which will do this too.

Not absoluteley confident wether the "Change_Background" or the "OpenSave" will do this at them moment.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Solid Edge drafts - Can I change the style for all objects quickly?

I have found is that the styles are associated witht the file, not the install. So if the styles are not already in the files, they have to be created. For details styles it goes even a step further. You have to open a template, use some model on it so that details can be added to the draft, develope and save the styles, then delete the model used before saving it back to the template.

The good news is that the text selection and size will control just about everything except detail styles.

Hi @12GAGE

You can save the format styles into the material database files too.

So from any drawing You have in use and where the proper style is available You can store it back into the Material.MTL and vice versa

regards
Wolfgang

What is the procedure for that? I don't understand how say, the style for view details can be saved and recalled from the material database.

Hi @12GAGE

maybe we are talking about different things at the moment.

So let's clarify.

When I talk about styles - and so I understood the original question - I think about dimensions styles, text styles etc.

And those format styles could be saved either in a Solid Edge file like draft, part, etc but also - and fo rme this seems to be the default - in the material datebase file.

This is a centralized file for several Solid Edge formats definitions.

Colors, hatch, line types, text styles, dim styles etc.

As a matter of fact this file is used more or less at any time and mostly is saved at the server, it also offers to be used as storage for this things.

And from there You can get it or to that location You can send it.

Is this You are takling too?

regards
Wolfgang