Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge has stopped working

N/A

This error message pops up each time I try to open Solid Edge ST5, right after the initial loading box

Solid Edge has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I tried re-installing, resetting my computer again but the error message persists. Anyone faces the same problem or knows what is wrong?

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge has stopped working

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,
Could you please give a bit of information about your computer system spec's? Such as, cpu, ram, hdd, graphics card.
Typically this occurs on systems with lower scale spec's, not always suited for graphics intensive applications...but can also easily be something else, just looking to the most common error first.

Sean Cresswell
Streetscape Limited (NZ)
sean@streetscape.co.nz
-
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteII using Tapatalk 2.
-
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
Hi! First of all, I want to apologize for my english!
I am writing in this post, because I have the same problem. I had no problems with the aplication until three days ago. I'm using ST5 Student Edition, which unfortunately stopped working. I try to reinstall it, but I still got the same message: "Solid Edge has stopped working". A have an administrator rights on my computer, and I'm running it like administrator. The computer is working under Windows 7 x64 OS. The specifications of my laptop are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2630QM
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD: 750GB Western Digital Scorpio Black 7200rpm
Video: Intel HD3000 / nVidia GeForce GT 525M 1GB VRAM (I'm running it with the nVidia graphics processor).

Thanks in advance!

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
One of these possible problem may be a corruption of the registry hive for Solid Edge.
Try to rename the following registry key to something different:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version XXX\
(where XXX is your SE version, e.g. 105 for ST5)
If the original key does not exist, Solid Edge will recreate it and hopefully fix the problem. If it is fixed, you can delete the renamed key, otherwise rename it back and look for other solutions.