Solid Edge on Lenovo ThickPad i5 / Toshiba i3 4G

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Has anyone tried Solid Edge ST9 on a Lenovo ThinkPad L460 : i5

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/l-series/l460/

I have also Toshiba : i3 4G

What could you guys suggest me , it's urrgently.

I don't have money to buy new one and better than this two laptops. Should I delete other documents or setting setup -something like that - I have person for IT problem in that way, but before that I want to see with you guys has anzone tried on this laptop.

Solid Edge version is ST9

Best Regards

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge on Lenovo ThickPad i5 / Toshiba i3 4G

Phenom
Phenom

I haven't tried Solid Edge on anything like that before, but if that's your only 2 choices, I'd definitely go for the i5, both for processing power and better (integrated) graphics.

Having said that, you might find the machine is pretty underpowered especially in the graphics department without a dedicated Nvidia processor.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Definately the i5 base machine.

I would also strongly advise downloading and installing the latest graphics driver from Intel.

I use the inbuilt graphics on a couple of i7 based PC's and the graphics performance is fine.

Cheers

Mark

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Jasmin_power,

Further to others input......I would also go for the Solid State Drive [SSD] option, especially on a slightly lesser spec'd system, in order to bolster any performance short comings.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks guys,

I can't use Solid Edge st9 on i5 laptop  --Smiley Sad, that is laptop from company, they will give me full computer for solid edge.

Now I still can't use Solid Edge, I have never before use Solid Edge, only SolidWorks. But before that computer come, I make now hard work on learning from videos, books for design in Solid Edge, forums, anything to prepare me for challange.

if you guys have anything of documents, videos, PDF file anything . for Sheet Metal Ordered -

could be very helpfull. I am so motivated and hard work for anything.

Thanks,

jasminbabic@yahoo.com