Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge running abnormally small

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am running the Student version of Solid Edge on Windows 8.1

It runs with very small tools and graphics. The control options appear to be in fine print. I have attached sample photographs.

Please help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge running abnormally small

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

And to be clear based on another post it is running on a MAC using BootCamp.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, its running on a Mac computer on Windows 8.1 through BootCamp Assistant.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Sea Cresswell has provided a solution to this in an earlier post. In essence set your Solid Edge Options > Helpers > Command Buttons to "Increase buttons on Command Ribbon 2X"

Everything looks smaller on your Macbook because it has a very high screen resolution (dots per inch). This is why Solid Edge provides this control it allows readability on high resolution small screens.

From apple "All 15-Inch Retina Display MacBook Pro models (A1398) have a 15.4" color display with 2880x1800 native resolution at 220 ppi and all 13-Inch Retina Display MacBook Pro models (A1425, A1502) have a 13.3" color display with 2560x1600 native resolution at 227 ppi."

You might also want to increase your cursor size, see below:-

Capture.JPG

I notice that in another post you asked about Solid Edge on native Apple. This is very unlikely as there is little real demand as evidenced by the fact that none of the major CAD vendors have apple versions of their product. Siemens (UGS) had in the past ported their mainstream NX product to Apple but I understand that this is no longer supported.

Cheers

Mark