Solved! Go to solution

Solid Edge stops highlighting selected components.

Hi,

After some time of working with my assemblie, Solid Edge stops highlighting selected parts/components. It really makes it hard to work.The components are selected but they just don't highlight. I eventually have to reset my Solid Edge for it to come back normal.

We had this problem in since ST6 I think.

Anybiody else have this problem?

Thanks.

ST9
Conveyor and industrial equipment designer.
Giving SE a chance.
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pedneault75
‎08-31-2016 07:59 AM

Re: Solid Edge stops highlighting selected components.

I have sketches that stop being selectable over time. Rebooting solves the problem. In my case, I can tell the vid card runs out of gas. (The memory is not cleaned up and runs out). Siemens will put the problem on Nvidia. Nvidia will put the problem on Siemens. 

I use a K4200 and it lasts about 3 hours before it stops working right. And most of the work I do does not use that many parts. A small assembly is 10 parts, a big one is 400 parts. 60% sheet metal, 30% frames, 10% parts. But some of the sheet metal is complex. Say 11 bends and 40 holes or notches.

Re: Solid Edge stops highlighting selected components.

Sometimes with problems like this it can take a multi-stage test to fix it. Sometimes just exiting the assy and reopening fixes it. Sometimes exiting and reentering SE fixes. Sometimes it takes a reboot.

If it's repeatable report it is my philosophy.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP6 - Insight - Win10 - K4200