Solid Edge viewer on Android

Creator
Creator

I'm told that the Solid Edge viewer is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone - Why? It's apparently available on other Android platforms

63 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge viewer on Android

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I know it requires Android 4.0 or better.  Not sure what the Note 2 has, but my Motorola Electrify won't run it because of that. Also, there may be a dependency on processors of some sort.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Creator
Creator

The Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) has Android version 4.1.2 so it should run.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Yes, I was a little disappointed with this also...especially when I bought the Note2 last year in anticipation of being able to.

The limitation is actually the screen size...for whatever reason it has to be 7" or greater, plus some performance minimums too. (most likely 1GB RAM....as it won't work on my daughter's 7" low spec tablet)

Anyone want to buy a 1yo Galaxy Note2....??? :-/
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

I am facing the same problems. I have a 4.1 Android phone with 1GB Ram, but only 4.3 inches screen, so I can not install the app either.

It would be good to have the *.apk file of the app.

Ota

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Interestingly I had seen this installed on a phone at the SEU.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Yes, I know it can be installed on the phone, but on Goole Play store there is a **** check, that do not allow me to download and install this app to my phone.

Ota

Phenom
Phenom

So how can we circumvent this and get it on a phone? I finally upgraded from the dark ages and got a Galaxy S4, and was disappointed to learn I could not install the viewer.

-Dylan Gondyke

Creator
Creator

Unless the guys at Apple are paying Siemens to keep it off all other platforms the only way I know is just to lobby the Siemens team to port it to Android and screens of less than 18cm. The Galaxy Note 2 is a superb device and with 64gigs of memory far better than any iOS platform.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
I have seen it work on an HTC Thunderbolt, but that was beta software that didn't come through the Play Store. I was surprised & disappointed when the Play Store blocked this app from my Galaxy S4.