Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge viewer on Android

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

My understanding is the menus and such layout differently on smaller phones and this has not been tested --  thus not delivered. I understand you can:

1. Download the app to your tablet or PC

2. Drag/drop the app over to your smartphone.

Give this a try and let us know what anomalies if any you see. If enough folks like it and it works good, we can lift the restriction.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Community Manager

My understanding is the menus and such layout differently on smaller phones and this has not been tested --  thus not delivered. I understand you can:

Give this a try and let us know what anomalies if any you see. If enough folks like it and it works good, we can lift the restriction.

Dan Staples

Creator
Creator

Where can I download the app from as it is greyed out in Google Play saying no compatible device found?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@dcstaples wrote:

Dan,

Could you please advise how we are to do this from a PC....as after clicking the install button, there is no other options available, and PC is "NOT" and eligible device, using this method. 

As you can see in the dropdown menu, so far I have tried on both my Galaxy Note2 [N7100] & my Galaxy S4 [I9505], with no success.

Hard to justify buying a tablet for myself, based purely on the desire to have this one app...And until it could be shown as a worthwhile tool, I'll have a hard time pushing work to distribute a few tablets about to my colleagues.

A little more help please!

SE_MobileViewer_NoEligibleDevices.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siemens.solidedge.viewer&hl=en&rdid=com.siemens.so...

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

I have not tried, but can you log out of your google account so the browser does not have your account/device info (and thus keep you from accessing) when you go to download this? 

-Dylan Gondyke

Creator
Creator

Nice suggestion but you must be logged in to goole play in order to download apps. I can see the app but cannot drag and drop it to my device.

Dylan,.... as soon as you click on the install button, it comes up with the "Please sign in to continue" panel...the choices are "Cancel" & "Sign in".
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

Back to....buying a tablet. Doh.

Wasn't the SDK available for direct download somewhere?

-Dylan Gondyke

Community Manager

OK. OK. Everyone hold on just a bit. (Glad to see the rabid interest!). Give me a couple days to sort this and we will see what can be done.

Dan Staples

And what about the Android 4.0 as a minimum... Some of us have older devices.  Love to see this on the Kindle store too.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com