Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge viewer on Android

Creator
Creator

Do I need to install ST6 for the "save to tablet" option to be available - its not visible on ST5

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I have ST6 loaded and can not find the *.sev extension to save to in any Save command.

Ota

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry. Should have been more clear. You will find Save for Tablet in Part/Asm starting with ST5. For DRAFT, you need to have Solid Edge ST6 MP1 (you have to load MP1 or the menu entry will not be there in Draft). Once you load MP1, you will see Save for Tablet in Draft and you can save the .sev file.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Hello Dan,
no problem, I have currently ST6MP0. Thank you.

Ota

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I can report that this works as expected....great!

My 17 sheet 222MB draft file is a 30.3MB *.SEV file, and although it takes a bit time to load, once it resides in memory, I can cycle through the sheets with ease.

Don't be worried about the clarity [based on the preview thumbnail] of the draft either, it is as clear as the printed quality when opened.

Screenshot_2013-09-26-09-00-28.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP5] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Creator
Creator

Just wanted to say thank you to  all who made this viewer work on small screens (Galaxy Note 2 + 64 gigs).

I'm using it for many demonstrations to clients / customers with great affect.

Due to the number of models I've now loaded is it possible to remove the demo models from the download directory and can I store the models on my SD card where there is much more room?

Community Manager
You can't delete the samples. They are very small though. Won't impact your overall storage.
Dan Staples

Phenom
Phenom

Dan, I think what he was getting at is they clutter the file list if you're swapping back and forth between different project files. It would be nice to be able to get rid of them.

-Dylan

-Dylan Gondyke

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Exactly Dylan... I hate opening up my Viewer and having my customers look at all these silly products. It cheapens the App in my opinion.

At least make it a hidden folder. When I open this up it's usually because I want to show someone something specific. But the clutter of all these products I had nothing to do with is just sill distraction. Is this a Business Tool or a Toy?

Bob

Community Manager

To turn off the samples:

On iPad: Go to ios settings, then Solid Edge MV, then turn off the samples.

On Android: Touch menu button and uncheck the box that says show samples.

Dan Staples