Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Works Data Migration not successful and terminated

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Experts,

Solid Works Data Migration not working and terminated without converting the SW file to Solid Edge file .

Kindly advise.

SW Data Migration.png

Thanks & regards,

Anburajan

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Works Data Migration not successful and terminated

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Anburajan, 

please contact your Solid Edge support (reseller or GTAC) and they will investigate this for you.

The short-term workaround might be to save as Parasolid from SW and then open in SE.

Regards /Ulf

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You might try removing any special characters from paths to the folders where the SolidWorks files reside and the output folders.  Noticed both a decimal point and parentheses being used which may be causing issues.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Ken , 

Thanks for the reply .  

I created a new folder with simple name in the desktop and tried with SW Data migration , still the tool not working .

Not sure about the exact issue.

Waiting for any workaround from GTAC.

Thanks & regards,

Anburajan

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

about one year ago I tested this migration fuctionality for our customers.

I did not have the same issue with no migration at all, but maybe my tips will help you resolve your issue.

1. What operating system do you have? I tested on Windows 10 only. According your image it looks like Windos 7 or Vista?

2. Do you have SE and SW installed on the same machine? In my experience this is better than two separate machines.

3. What SW version dou you use? I found that SW2015 and newer are best for migrating SW files. With SW 2014 I had issues, but with my tips the issues was resolved.

4. If you can, try to reinstall both CAD and install SW first, then SE. In my experience this resolved my issue with associative drawings from SW.

5. Best option would be fresh OS installation an then fresh CAD installation.

6. Lastly try to avoid some special chatacters in folder names (someone already mention that).

Hope this tips helps you succesfully migrate your data to SE. Fingers crosed :-)

Ota