Solved! Go to solution

Solid Works assembly export to Solid Edge ST7 help needed

I trying to get mold assembly files from offshore builder. They are using Solid Works, don't know version at this point. They sent STP files for each mold (5 different molds), but when I extract, they came in as one part for each mold assembly. STP file was imported into SE7 assembly file. I have done this succesfully before with other molds, but this set is not importing individual parts of assembly.

Would someone be able to give me advice to pass along to get individual part files exported as an assembly?

I attached screen capture of my STP import options and one of imported model that I did a view clip to show internals & model tree.

Thanks,

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Works assembly export to Solid Edge ST7 help needed

Tell your supplier to export a Parasolid version of the mold. YOu do this by going to File -> Save As and select Parasolid.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary_Dinges
‎11-17-2015 07:46 AM

Did you look at the "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Program\STEP3D.INI or STEP.INI"?

There is a setting “Import Multiple Bodies As Single Part file=On”

Try setting it to “Import Multiple Bodies As Single Part file=Off”

Then open with an assembly template.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

JasonTitcomb wrote:

Did you look at the "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Program\STEP3D.INI or STEP.INI"?

I wish these settings would be fully exposed on the "Options" dialogue......make it a whole lot easier on the users.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Thank You!! This worked.

Gary