Solid edge Assembly, alternate member, parts everything need to get linked to a single spreadsheet

Hello friends,

I am a new solid edge user and I am so happy to join this community.

Let me explain my issue.

I have an assembly with sub assembly 7level and more than 150 part.

also i have an spreadsheet with all the relate formulas and data.

the spreadsheet has a selection sheet.

When I do selection (18 parameters), the spreadsheet will do all my calculations,

but the problem is, I was not able to reflect that into my solid edge assembly completely.

What I can do is, 

• link variable table to spreadsheet(change dimensions based on cell value)
  • suppress and unsuppress part features based on spreadsheet cell value (0,1)

What are the other things I need, (everything based on spreadsheet value)

• suppress and unsuppress assembly features
  • suppress and unsuppress subassembly or link assembly member variable table to spreadsheet(I can do any modifications to my excel file so as to get my required assembly.)
  • my spreadsheet has to completed drive the assembly automatically based on cell value.
  • Or please help me how to link member variable table to spreadsheet so that i can finish this compltely.

somebody please help me in this.

I was looking for the solution for almost a month.

Thank you friends

13 REPLIES

Re: Solid edge Assembly, alternate member, parts everything need to get linked to a single spreadshe

I think a little programming will be required but the code can be in your Excel file.

There's a sample of this in the Custom folder.

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Custom\Bearing\bearing.xls.

Take a look at the macro code in the Excel.

The people in the programming forum may be able to help after that.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Re: Solid edge Assembly, alternate member, parts everything need to get linked to a single spreadshe

Thank you Mr Jason Titcomb,

This example helps to modify a part.

can you also give me an example for assembly.

similar to linking member table to excel. so that i can include and exclude using excel.

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Does @Alan's video here give you what you need?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hello Mr Jason Titcomb and Mr Sean Cresswell.

In the following, I have tried to explain my issue.

Kindly view and help me in this.

Thank you.

Using VB in the Excel you could do this.

Set IApp = GetObject(, "SolidEdge.Application")
IApp.ActiveDocument.AssemblyFamilyMembers.ActivateMember ("A")
LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Hi Jason Titcomb,

Will you please tell me how to setup this.

I am new to solid edge as well as in VB.

Help me to create VB to

• Include and exclude parts in members. (I think this is sufficient to solve my issue)

If possible please give me some VB examples or some guidelines to learn them.

Thank you.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

SEDeveloperForum

API Docs

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Thank you for your valuable reply Mr Jason Titcomb.

Will you please give a sample VB that make changes on Alternate assemblies table based on excel cell value(Include and exclude). I searched but I couldn't find a sample.

If possible, Kindly give me a vb code based on below example.

Thank you.

[ Edited ]

JacksonBeno wrote:

If possible, Kindly give me a vb code

Hello,

In the Solid Edge installation folder, see \Solid Edge STx\Custom\Bearing\Bearing.xls

After opening the XLS, press Alt+F11 to view the coding for Solid Edge variables.

Hope you find this helpful to begin with.

The task you have at hand is mammoth and there is no one-step solution in sight, but feel free to ask for a solution to any specific problem you may face on way, in a new post though.

Best Wishes.

Tushar Suradkar

www.SurfAndCode.in