Solid edge ST1- Working with driver on server

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yes I know its OLD!

But pls try to help..

My progrem is installed on my local frive and I am working on files from the server. Meaning, when i am saving a file, it is saved on the remote frive.

Somtimes when I save a file, it gets deleted from the remote drive and refuses to save it, nor Save as.

does Solid Edge has Remote drive defenitons that maybe causing this mess?

hope i've explaunes it right.

Thx

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Solid edge ST1- Working with driver on server

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

HI @Shahar1

sound as there are problems with Your network.

I remember, that when there were interupts for the network connection to the server, the save process got problems and was not able to fullfill.

AFAIR this was issued by the thumbnails of windows, which You can turn off via control

I would recommend to do this first and further control the behaviour of the save function over network.

If this couldn't be solved that way, then maybe You consider a "offline" work procedere with copy the files onto local drive first with sync toserver afterwards.

And Yes I know, this will not help,but ST9 provides real good functions for "cloud data usage"

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

To disable thumbnail caching:

1. In the Windows 7 Search box enter gpedit.msc and hit Enter.

2. The Local Group Policy editor is launched. In the left hand pane locate and select User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer.

3. In the right hand pane select "Turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files" and right-click -> Edit.

4. Set the policy to Enabled and select OK.

5. Reboot the workstation.

Make the above policy change to all workstations and Solid Edge file servers in the network.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

thanks, I was looking for this old article or my infos to that issue.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thx guys!

It was very helpful!!