Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid edge ST6 screen freezing

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just install ST6, but i can not work, the screen is freezing, can sobedy help me?

12 REPLIES

Re: Solid edge ST6 screen freezing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What did you install it on:

• OS?
  • RAM?
  • Processor?
  • Graphics Processor?

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Windows 8.1

AMDA4-5000 APU with Radeon; 1.5GHZ

HD graphics

RAM 4 GB;

64 bits 

Experimenter
Experimenter
AMDA4-5000 APU HD graphics 1,5GHZ
RAM 4GB;
Windows 8.1
64 Bits

OK, Most likely your problem is your embedded Radeon graphics.

Open a new Part file, clcick on the Application Button, and select Solid Edge Options.

Click on the "View" section to the left and then on the right in the Application Display area, "Automatic selection" should be checked".  Note the option in the box just below that then unselect the "Automatic selection" option.

You can then try the different options.  For your application, forget about "Graphics card driven (Advanced)" and of course whatever was shown when the Automatic selection was on as we know those won't work.  I would first try "Backing store" just to see if the graphics setting is the issue.  If it works then, try the Basic and Direct3D Graphics card driven options.  Software driven will be the slowest choice but takes the graphics card completely out of the picture.

graphic options.png

Ken

Hi there,

Consumer graphics [more so when on-board, or shared] have always been an issue for graphics demanding applications, such as 3D CAD...especially where AMD are concerned, for whatever reason, their drivers just don't play nice, even if the hardware specs are well in range of the demands.

Hopefully you can make Solid Edge run long enough to actually make the settings changes that @KennyG has pointed you towards....as this should solve it for you. Although, the Solid Edge experience will be slightly deminished in performance.

Good luck.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

If Ken's graphics settings don't help, there is a DirectX version of Solid Edge that you can run if my memory holds. I don't know off hand how to run SE in DirectX mode and it will take me a while to look it up.

Running SE in DirectX mode is an absolute last-ditch effort to get it to run and is usually only used for troubleshooting. Definitely try the Backing Store graphics setting first.  Also make sure to keep the arc smoothness low (you can see it in Ken's screenshot) and also do NOT use autosharpen.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Did this get resolved fixed?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I've got similar problem.

I fixed that problem, what are you talking about here but another came up.
I've got multiple freezes over and over again in part modeling and it's almost impossible to do something in part modeling.  The freezes I mean e.g. when I'm rotating the part around it's not fluent but with freezes, when I'm drawing the sketch It's doing the same.

Can somebody help me solve this problem?

I use - ST8

PC:
Intel(R) core(TM)
i5-4210U CPU @ 1,7GHz 2,4GHz
4GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 840M

SE tries to detect the card that is installed and adjusts accodingly but it expects workstation class graphics such as NVIDIA Quadro or AMD FirePro cards.  If it is anything else, it may not be able to configure properly.  This can be overridden in the settings shown below (ST9).  Be aware that the selection options changed between releases and older versions may be different.  If you are having issues, uncheck the "automatic selection" and work down the options list until you find a setting that is reliable.  Obviously the top setting is most performant, but again, it expects a workstation class card.

2017-03-09_10-42-56.png

Ken