Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid edge ST8 standard parts problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I have an problem with standard parts installation. I've downloaded Solid Edge ST8 with student license. Instruction for standard parts installation tells to choose "standard parts administration" option from menu as shown below.ST PA.JPG

The problem is that in file I've downloaded from siemens website didn't open as from dvd (shown above) but starts to install solid edge, so I don't have any option to choose installing standard parts administrations. Its very problematic for me because i have to use elements like bolts, nuts etc. in my school projects. I will be thankful if anyone could help me to find file that allow me to install standard parts.

23 REPLIES

Re: Solid edge ST8 standard parts problem

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

To access that same portion of the installer, you need to "extract" the file, using a [in this case, free] file compression tool like "7-Zip" to do that.

2015-11-11.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for fast respond.

I've extracted the file and tried to use files as setup, and Solid Edge ST8 but it moved me straight into the installation process as before. Only options to choose are modify, fix problems and uninstall. Could You navigate me where to find the files for standard parts and its administration installation? This is what I got after extractingstandard 2.JPGFiles as stdparts.exe and partfinder.exe from StdPar~1 aren't working (after extraction too)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Sorry.....I have the commercial version installed on my computer, so cannot run the installer to check the steps, before commenting further.

I might suggest choosing to "modify" the installation, as that may then step you towards the install product options header.

Hopefully someone from Siemens chimes in soon, with the magic wand for your issue. Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Standard Parts Administration is not included in the Student Download.  Please email me your contact info, and I'll get the set up to you.

Melanie Baeske

melanie.baeske@siemens.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Melanie,

I have the same problem as op, is there any chance that you can help me too?

My correspondence school provides me with ST4 witch isn´t compatible to my PC. The academical Version of ST8 runs perfectly but I need to use the standart parts. Is there any chance that I can get the standart parts administration tool for ST8?

Best regards

Marius

Siemens Legend

Hi @Mat66

Please send me your email address, and I'll send you the software.

melanie.baeske@siemens.com

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter
hi,

it´s : m.tyranowski.1@gmail.com

Siemens Legend

Hi @MTyra

I have sent the setup to you via our ftp service; please let me know if you do not receive system-generated download instructions within the hour.

Please note that this is the Administrator only, which includes a few free sample parts.  The full libraries are not included with the Student license, though you should be able to access these libraries through your academic institution.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @Melanie_Baeske

Thank you very much for this solution. It works great for me. Am Iam allowed to share the provided file with my fellow students?

regards